Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Please help!

Started my car after it was running fine all day. It's clicking and i have no idea why. I'm got it towed home to prevent further damage from driving it. Don't know what this noise means.

Any help is appreciated

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I see what your talking about...now....What mileage.....Mods? etc and does it get louder as you step on the gas?

OP
D
Thread Starter #4
60k miles I also have a stage 1 Cobb tune, intake, and RMM. Doesn't necessarily get louder just faster. I'm not sure if its a knock because in all the videos of knocking that I've seen, the knocking is sporadic whereas mine is a consistent clicking.

OP
D
Thread Starter #6
i'll have to check first thing tomorrow morning. What would it mean if there is no coolant in the overflow?

OP
D
Thread Starter #9
just went out to check and the coolant is at the full line still...

OP
D
Thread Starter #11
I am clueless here. Another thing that happened is that when I restarted my car after I first heard the noise, the traction light was on in the dash and I couldn't turn the steering wheel as if there was no power steering. But when I started it a third time the steering was fine, haven't tried to run it since then just in case

OP
D
Thread Starter #13
I haven't let it run for very long I was too afraid. After I drove the car 20 feet across the parking lot and stopped, the car started stalling out and struggling to stay alive. Doesn't seem like it'll go away after letting it run. What is D.I.??

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
DIRECT INJECTION...Its the type of Fuel system the vehicle has. See if you can pull any codes out of the computers memory...this doesn't require starting the car.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
FIRST STEP= pull the codes if there are any...this will help you determine which direction you need to go. [rockon]..... others will also chime in with their exp. soon also.....[party]

You aren't low on oil by chance, are you?
Just a sanity check.

I agree it sounds more like a DI type noise, but a bit more aggressive. If one of your pumps is failing or there's a pressure sensor failing, the injectors may ramp up to try to pick up the slack to keep your AFR in check. You have a few possibilities here. HPFP located on the head, pressure sensor of the fuel rail, LPFP in-tank under the rear seat, pressure sensor on the lines. There may be a few I'm forgetting [???:)]

I don't know the exact parameter names to monitor on the AP, perhaps someone will chime in?

OP
D
Thread Starter #19
No I'm not low on oil ????????????. It wouldn't surprise me if a fuel sensor went bad because not too long ago I had codes P0087 and P008B which I fixed by replacing the fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail. Perhaps one of the other ones went bad. I will be home in a bit to check if theres any more codes. There's a parameter on the AP that monitors fuel pressure.

I'm just glad noone is telling me that my motor is shot, I was so worried lol

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
No I'm not low on oil ������������. It wouldn't surprise me if a fuel sensor went bad because not too long ago I had codes P0087 and P008B which I fixed by replacing the fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail. Perhaps one of the other ones went bad. I will be home in a bit to check if theres any more codes. There's a parameter on the AP that monitors fuel pressure.

I'm just glad noone is telling me that my motor is shot, I was so worried lol
It very well could be shot. I wouldn't breathe a sigh of relief just yet.

Remember, you need to help us help you. You mention previous codes. If you have the ability to pull codes, pull them ASAP and let us know what the current and stored codes are in the ECU.
Is the check engine light on? Is the wrench light on?
What does the oil look like? How does the oil smell?
I would also pull each spark plug and attach photos of each.

This would be a good starting point for us to troubleshoot from our computers.