Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

I installed the update and v2 crackles on stock car... the crackles are like muffled little explosions... at least thats how I would describe them. they are there, I would say people around definitely hear them. if you drive very conservatively (like in your neighborhood), they do not happen. on faster roads, they happen. I think I like it. not sure. Im going to leave it as is for a while. might load up my tune without them. I bought both tunes for this exact reason.

first thoughts on the 3.0 tune, the car seems tamer. I dont know if its faster, but it accelerates smoother.

Based

Do I need to get a different tune for winter? Or does it adjust to cooler air by itself? I got my flash tune when it was 100 out but now it's 70 and my car is a lot faster but I've read some people say they run lean in winter. Not fiesta st people but just random people I've talked to.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Can't wait to hear the crackle on my FSWerks exhaust. I will try to get a sound clip up soon.

How long did it take everyone to get theirs after submitting the email order form?

So I'm going to give a quick lil review of the v3 tune:

First of all the best part, by far and away, is the option to get a second tune for $5 more. I recieved one with the pops n crackles & Cobb TC and one with just the Cobb TC. So far from what I've noticed powah gainz are minimal, but the CTC makes a Billy Fucillo Huge difference in how the car drives. I'd say its somewhere between stock TC and stock sport mode; it lets you get more power down without letting the tires blow up...

Now on to the good part, the fucking noises. So the v2 tune with Pops n Cracles was fun, it burbled a lot but I never got many backfires....With the new PnC, it sounds like your car has an ALS on it, I have the MBRP so that could be why its so loud- but my car went from kinda sounding like a Rally Car to full blown Rally Car. I'd almost say its boarder line obnoxious how loud it is, you get a pop every upshift, burbles on liftoff, and backfires on downshifts- all the time and they are LOUD. And the best part about it all? I was able to flash the same tune this morning without the PnC, for an extra $5, do that option when you get this tune. Anyways, these noises... I honestly haven't laughed this hard in the car, and had this big a smile on my face since my last canyon drive- and I tested most of this in traffic.

So all in all, after laughing my way home last night I thought the PnC might be too much for DDing so when I got home I swapped the tunes to the one that only had the CTC. It really is exactly the same, just no pops on upshifts and it only burbles when you liftoff at high RPM. The thing I really loved, if you hit the downshift properly you get a nice loud backfire. But the thing is, this morning- I wanted the PnC back so when I got to work I switched it for when I leave. I love having the option to switch, this tune somehow managed to make my incredibly fun car more fun. Stratified did a great job, I don't know why you're hesitating- go buy this tune right meow.

Edit: I wrote this one cup of coffee deep, so if it doesn't make sens- I'm too lazy to change it- the tune is great, CTC is awesome, PnC turns your FiST into a rally FiST.

First of all the best part, by far and away, is the option to get a second tune for $5 more. I recieved one with the pops n crackles & Cobb TC and one with just the Cobb TC. So far from what I've noticed powah gainz are minimal, but the CTC makes a Billy Fucillo Huge difference in how the car drives. I'd say its somewhere between stock TC and stock sport mode; it lets you get more power down without letting the tires blow up...

Now on to the good part, the fucking noises. So the v2 tune with Pops n Cracles was fun, it burbled a lot but I never got many backfires....With the new PnC, it sounds like your car has an ALS on it, I have the MBRP so that could be why its so loud- but my car went from kinda sounding like a Rally Car to full blown Rally Car. I'd almost say its boarder line obnoxious how loud it is, you get a pop every upshift, burbles on liftoff, and backfires on downshifts- all the time and they are LOUD. And the best part about it all? I was able to flash the same tune this morning without the PnC, for an extra $5, do that option when you get this tune. Anyways, these noises... I honestly haven't laughed this hard in the car, and had this big a smile on my face since my last canyon drive- and I tested most of this in traffic.

So all in all, after laughing my way home last night I thought the PnC might be too much for DDing so when I got home I swapped the tunes to the one that only had the CTC. It really is exactly the same, just no pops on upshifts and it only burbles when you liftoff at high RPM. The thing I really loved, if you hit the downshift properly you get a nice loud backfire. But the thing is, this morning- I wanted the PnC back so when I got to work I switched it for when I leave. I love having the option to switch, this tune somehow managed to make my incredibly fun car more fun. Stratified did a great job, I don't know why you're hesitating- go buy this tune right meow.

Edit: I wrote this one cup of coffee deep, so if it doesn't make sens- I'm too lazy to change it- the tune is great, CTC is awesome, PnC turns your FiST into a rally FiST.
Really good review. I actually hadn't even considered the PnC's just because I thought it would get old with other people in the car or on long drives, but I love the idea of being able to switch over if I'm taking a back road drive by myself. My question about the this tune is how is it in comparison to the Cobb Stage 1 at lower RPM? Being in the NYC/NJ area, I sometimes hit traffic and having lower torque helps ease the pain of moving along slowly. How would the CTC affect this? Just trying to get some more reseach in since I don't love the Cobb tunes (their alright for starting) and have heard nothing but good from this. Eventually, I'd like to do a pro-tune, but this would be a good in between. Any other information you could give would be much appreciated. I don't plan to race the car, but just want a fun daily driver.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thanks to your recommendation, I decided to only have pops and crackles on 2 of the 5 slots so that I can switch it off if I get annoyed by it (but I seriously doubt I will).

Thanks to your recommendation, I decided to only have pops and crackles on 2 of the 5 slots so that I can switch it off if I get annoyed by it (but I seriously doubt I will).
I was under the impression they couldn't just switch the P&C's on and off with map slots. I have to reflash to turn them on and off.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
You can specify per slot what octane as well as misc features, according to the tuning form I filled out after I placed my order.

Really good review. I actually hadn't even considered the PnC's just because I thought it would get old with other people in the car or on long drives, but I love the idea of being able to switch over if I'm taking a back road drive by myself. My question about the this tune is how is it in comparison to the Cobb Stage 1 at lower RPM? Being in the NYC/NJ area, I sometimes hit traffic and having lower torque helps ease the pain of moving along slowly. How would the CTC affect this? Just trying to get some more reseach in since I don't love the Cobb tunes (their alright for starting) and have heard nothing but good from this. Eventually, I'd like to do a pro-tune, but this would be a good in between. Any other information you could give would be much appreciated. I don't plan to race the car, but just want a fun daily driver.
Low RPMs are where this tune really shines, it gives you a much wider band of power which helps a ton down low. The first thing I noticed going from Cobb OTS to a Strat tune was how much faster the car accelerated, you really don't have to touch the gas at all with the Strat tune, it pulls MUCH harder than the Cobb map- verified by my butt dyno. I never thought I would find worse traffic than the NYC area, but out here in LA I have never struggled to exploit a gap I might fit in- there really isn't much that is faster in traffic. The difference going from the Cobb OTS map to a Stratified map is about the same as going from Stock to the OTS map. I promise you won't be disappointing, on top of that the customer service at Stratified is about as good as it gets- they were even quick to respond to my emails on a weekend- I found that shocking haha.

You can specify per slot what octane as well as misc features, according to the tuning form I filled out after I placed my order.
The pops and crackles affect the entire tune file. So they are active or inactive in all slots. This is why we have the option for a second tune - but you do have to flash the ECU between the them.

I'm fairly sure what [MENTION=5122]OCS12[/MENTION] said is correct, I think thats why they added the option to upgrade with a second tune. If you can do it on the map switching...I would have rather done that. Either way let us know if you can do it by map slot switching.

Low RPMs are where this tune really shines, it gives you a much wider band of power which helps a ton down low. The first thing I noticed going from Cobb OTS to a Strat tune was how much faster the car accelerated, you really don't have to touch the gas at all with the Strat tune, it pulls MUCH harder than the Cobb map- verified by my butt dyno. I never thought I would find worse traffic than the NYC area, but out here in LA I have never struggled to exploit a gap I might fit in- there really isn't much that is faster in traffic. The difference going from the Cobb OTS map to a Stratified map is about the same as going from Stock to the OTS map. I promise you won't be disappointing, on top of that the customer service at Stratified is about as good as it gets- they were even quick to respond to my emails on a weekend- I found that shocking haha.
Thanks for the response. That's reassuring that this will be both better in traffic as well as when I get the chance to open it up. Knowing that 60% of my driving is traffic or stop light to stop light, should I not get the CTC option since I won't be blowing the tires off anyways and not really wanting to limit the torque in traffic? I actually tried emailing Strat these questions a few weeks ago and never heard back. Maybe my email didn't go through?

Thanks for the response. That's reassuring that this will be both better in traffic as well as when I get the chance to open it up. Knowing that 60% of my driving is traffic or stop light to stop light, should I not get the CTC option since I won't be blowing the tires off anyways and not really wanting to limit the torque in traffic? I actually tried emailing Strat these questions a few weeks ago and never heard back. Maybe my email didn't go through?
Possibly, but I absolutely recommend the CTC; it doesn't let the wheels slip as much as the stock TC its actually faster. You can find the data on it from Cobbs website, it improves acceleration by being a bit less conservative than the stock TC, I really like it so far.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Possibly, but I absolutely recommend the CTC; it doesn't let the wheels slip as much as the stock TC its actually faster. You can find the data on it from Cobbs website, it improves acceleration by being a bit less conservative than the stock TC, I really like it so far.
Plus, for as much as it rains in our general area (I'm only about 75 miles from Hoboken, and used to live about 20 miles away), it could not hurt for that alone. [wink]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

THANK YOU for that review! [thumb]

The only question I have is; are you SURE the crackles and pops feature is as LOUD as an actual rally car's/rallycross car's anti-lag system, even with an MBRP exhaust?!?!!
Those things can and do sound like 12 gauge shotguns going off if you are close enough to them.
When I used to work on Pro Rallies we could hear the BANG BANG from FAR OFF in the distance LONG BEFORE we actually heard any other engine noise, or saw any light from the cars at night on the forest stages.

Of course, the same was true of the rotary engined FA-FC RX7s running, but that is a whole other story.

Just loaded the ctc+pop map and took my car for a wash. Inside with windows down not to noticeable. Outside is noticeable. Will probably load the ctc only map for dd

THANK YOU for that review! [thumb]

The only question I have is; are you SURE the crackles and pops feature is as LOUD as an actual rally car's/rallycross car's anti-lag system, even with an MBRP exhaust?!?!!
Those things can and do sound like 12 gauge shotguns going off if you are close enough to them.
When I used to work on Pro Rallies we could hear the BANG BANG from FAR OFF in the distance LONG BEFORE we actually heard any other engine noise, or saw any light from the cars at night on the forest stages.

Of course, the same was true of the rotary engined FA-FC RX7s running, but that is a whole other story.
Oh it is LOUD even from the drivers seat it's loud, I'm for sure getting looks when I hit the downshift perfectly, it's not as loud as a true ALS system, but it has a very similar sound. I'll try and get some videos recorded this weekend