Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Come out of the cave and step into the light

antarctica24

I am a audio snob by all senses of the imagination. A purist to say the least, but it is with a very light heart that I share what I am getting ready to share and it will change everything about how you listen to audio in your Fiesta, and while it is not completely as far as you can go, I am certain without any hesitation based on my testing recently, that this will take your stock fiesta system, speakers and all to their maximum resolution. It is so impressive I had to pause.

The web is crawling with information on the technical aspects of what your going to here, so if interested happy hunting.

When you put a song on your Iphone, you are in fact degrading the audio. This is a scientific fact. The short and skinny of it, is you are loosing a lot of information, but because of how we hear, and what our capabilities are as humans, our brain just interpolates.

Here's an example. A CD recorded in RED BOOK Audio format is 44.1khz 16 bit the actual file size is 40 meg on average per song. After converting to AAC for ITunes, it drops to like 3 or 4 Meg. It is not compression, they are actually deleting information from the track.

Now, Sony and Phillips developed the SACD which stands for Super Audio CD. This is 1 bit and 2.8224Mhz. These file sizes well....are very large where as a CD is 700mb a SACD is 4.7 GB. There are two new standards coming. One is 1 bit 5.6Mhz, and the next one is 11 Mhz. MMMMMMMMMM.

Ok, Enough about all that.

Go to the Apple App Store

Search for TEAC HR PLAYER

I cant remember if I paid for this not, if you have to SPEND THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Open, it, Go To settings,

Make sure upsampling is set to ON.
REAL TIME DSD CONVERSTION is set to DSD 5.6MHZ
SET EQ QUAITY TO HD (this really doesn't matter because YOU ARE NOT GOING TO MESS WITH THE EQ).

now, From the main window, you have two selection tabs at the top,
One says IPOD, One say HD.

The IPOD tab will read all of the stuff in your iTunes library. including all the DRM crap.

The HD tab, will allow you to go out from your computer, purchase HI RES Recording audio, and copy to a folder in iTunes and then play as it was recorded natively in the DSD format.

The rule normally doesn't change. Crap in is crap out, However, this is really impressive crap. TEAC has done such an impressive job with the upscaling it is almost stupid.

NOW, Select a song, and turn the volume on your car almost all the way up. just under maxed out. make sure the volume on your iphone is maxed out.

You will notice that you can play this stuff a lot louder because the source is a lot cleaner.

To take it a step further, stay tuned. I am working on getting an Ourboard Digital to Analog Converter because I am certain the one in the Fiesta is junk or just not as good as it could be. OPPO is the one I am looking at. So I will keep you posted.

This changes everything. I feel like I have been in a cave.
Now take everything else I have posted about audio in this car, and add the TEAC HR Player and the DAC. mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Pete

Does this stuff work with streaming audio such as Pandora or other equivalent apps? Or is it just off what your ipod/phone has in its memory?

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #3
Does this stuff work with streaming audio such as Pandora or other equivalent apps? Or is it just off what your ipod/phone has in its memory?
No, only recorded audio, but check out the other post called, stage 1 2 3 upgrades, that I am getting ready to post.