Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just trade '15 Mustang GT/PP for new Magnetic metallic FiST

Picked up one of the last few 16 models in the DFW area with Ford dealers. Two of the ones I went to look at were sold before I got to the dealer.
Just a standard Fiesta ST from what I can tell, no recaro's or sport seats. A hoot to drive, cheaper than the Mustang every month, and I am comfortable letting my daughter drive it.

I had intake, exhaust, and software on my GT and will likely do similar mods on the ST as well.

Couple of noob questions....
-what octane do I need to run on stock software?
-are the sport seats (non-recaro) a simple swap? I wasn't crazy about the recaro seats but if the sport ones are less aggressive in the bolsters I'd swap them.
-what is the most popular and beneficial first mod on these cars?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats and welcome aboard

Ish

Picked up one of the last few 16 models in the DFW area with Ford dealers. Two of the ones I went to look at were sold before I got to the dealer.
Just a standard Fiesta ST from what I can tell, no recaro's or sport seats. A hoot to drive, cheaper than the Mustang every month, and I am comfortable letting my daughter drive it.

I had intake, exhaust, and software on my GT and will likely do similar mods on the ST as well.

Couple of noob questions....
-are the sport seats (non-recaro) a simple swap? I wasn't crazy about the recaro seats but if the sport ones are less aggressive in the bolsters I'd swap them.
Congrats man! Unfortunately oem recaro seats for the fiesta are hard to come by. Your best option if you want them would be to get focus st recaros which seem to come around more often and not overpriced. I believe theres 2 sets on ebay right now going for $999 obo if your interested in a set. Its not a direct fit but you can make it fit. And as far as first mod i would say an accessport, most handy/beneficial mod you can buy.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WELCOME!

And unlike the Stangs (which do have three levels, I think [dunno]), there are only two levels of factory seats for these cars, base stock 400A (what I'm getting) and the optional Recaro package.

There is NO 'sports seat' option in-between those two for the Fiesta STs.

Most will also tell you the aftermarket rear motor mounts are a MUST on these cars as well (I already have my CP-E one waiting for the car to arrive. ;) )

John9851

1000 Post Club
Welcome, I didn't like the Recaro's when I sat in them. I bought a cg lock for the lack of bolstering in the non Recaro's.

Waterfan

Grats and welcome!

-Stock software adapts, you can run whatever you want (87 or higher) but if you can get 93 you will enjoy the performance boost. (even 91 is a boost over 87)
-There are only 2 kinds of seats: Normal and RECARO
-3-way tie for most popular and beneficial, IMO: Short Shift Kit, Lightweight Wheels and Tires, AccessPort (AP) and Off The Shelf (OTS) tune (a.k.a. Flashing Device and Software)

Did the same thing, going from a '15 Comp Orange GT/PP to the '16 FiST. I only miss the straight line power and bells and whistles of the premium package, handling and fun on the daily commute is actually a lot higher in the tiny car.