Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

121K motor, Turbo upgrade options?

Issafit

U.S. Army Veteran
So I've got just over 121K on the dash and I'm looking to upgrade the turbo probably to a big turbo over a hybrid. Anyone have some input?

Im thinking hybrid would put to much strain on the rods to do lower rpm boost compared to higher rpm with a big turbo, i could be totally wrong though i did just come from the world of Subaru for the last year where everything could blow a motor or a trans or a head gasket 🤷‍♀️🤣

From what i know the motor its still pretty healthy, most of the mileage is high way to and from nevada to washington. Im sure someone on here has atleast one fiesta thats high milage and big turbo lol

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sub'd. I'm closing in on 70k myself and this exact dilemma crossed my mind. When is it too late to strain an engine with a BT upgrade? I totally agree with ur logic. I plan to skip the punchy hybrids and go with the (somewhat) later spool of the s280.

As the miles keep piling on I'll probably also give up on my plan to use a ported manifold and reduce spool. As you pointed out, that low end hit could be potentially worse on a hi-mileage engine...

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

My 17’ currently has close to 113k. Whoosh hybrid was installed at around 38k. Haven’t had one problem. Just normal maintenance. Mostly highway miles. However now I do want the s280 next. I’m just not sure if I need the hpfp if I plan on staying on 93 but I will at least get the injectors. My understanding is that it’ll be easier on the fuel system compared to an ethanol blend. I was told 300-310whp is possible with more fuel on pump gas.

My 17’ currently has close to 113k. Whoosh hybrid was installed at around 38k. Haven’t had one problem. Just normal maintenance. Mostly highway miles. However now I do want the s280 next. I’m just not sure if I need the hpfp if I plan on staying on 93 but I will at least get the injectors. My understanding is that it’ll be easier on the fuel system compared to an ethanol blend. I was told 300-310whp is possible with more fuel on pump gas.
I agree. No issues here and just normal maintenance.