Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

15x8 Recommendations

kevinatfms

If you're not dead set on 15x8 I would check out OZ Ultras (yes I am biased). You can get them in a 15,16,17x7; black or silver. They are also one of the lightest wheels out there; a bit pricey though.
I misread wrong. I thought you were saying you found 8" width OZ ULs. I was about to have a heart attack.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I actually like the Dekagrams in Bronze.I don’t know what it is about wheels,but i like to have something which is different then most people.lol.Like the Enkei’ rs05rr i had nobody had them on the Fost or Fors until i sold it and then saw 2 more people with it.Then the SSR’s gtv01 which nobody had on our platform.Looking at some Rays gram lights 57cr.
You would be FORCED to do a hub re-drill/conversion in order to use any Rays/Volk/SSR/etc. since I don't beleive that they are willing to do ANY sort of drilling blank wheels in a 4x108, regardless of the size/number of prepaid group buy, pre-orders. [:(]

Yeah, I really like A LOT of their wheel styles as well. [thumb]

At least I will have some Rays 17mm black, steel closed end, hex lug nuts on my bronze Dekagrams, and the color they use for their logo on the top even matches the Konig bronze almost exactly. LOL [:)]

So what's a good forged or three piece 15X8 4x100 ET35 under 8lbs? Affordable? Assuming the conversion is a way to go?

Negi

You would be FORCED to do a hub re-drill/conversion in order to use any Rays/Volk/SSR/etc. since I don't beleive that they are willing to do ANY sort of drilling blank wheels in a 4x108, regardless of the size/number of prepaid group buy, pre-orders. [:(]

Yeah, I really like A LOT of their wheel styles as well. [thumb]

At least I will have some Rays 17mm black, steel closed end, hex lug nuts on my bronze Dekagrams, and the color they use for their logo on the top even matches the Konig bronze almost exactly. LOL [:)][/QUOTE
I hear you Brother,all these big companies don't give a shit about 4X108 lol.
I think I will end up redrilling a set.Will a +28 poke too much on a 15x8 and 205/50's ?.I know a lot of people have gone with a +35 max on the TD Pro's.But I am really liking the rpf1's in either 15x8+28 in gold which I am dying to get as I always liked the Black and Gold look,but not sure if it will be too much of a poke or go with 16x8+35 or 38 Black rpf1.Also I will be dropping the car on Koni's with swift springs soon.

Negi

So what's a good forged or three piece 15X8 4x100 ET35 under 8lbs? Affordable? Assuming the conversion is a way to go?
Forged or 3 piece will not be cheap that's for sure.I am more of a Racing series wheel guy.Light as well as flow formed or the Matt process technology.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am the wrong one to ask about 'too much poke' on a given wheel set, since I think that the Dekas on my car now (not lowered/on factory suspension) have way too much poke on them (especially the rear axle), on only a 40ET!! [wink]

Good discussion, 15” and some taller sidewall compared to the 16’s, tires will flex and load towards the struts under heavy cornering. With 16x8 ET35 on a 225 tire like the R888R it’s a little close to my liking about 1/2” or less so that’s on the 16” Dekagrams with coilovers. ET 40 would need 7.5” wide wheels in 15” for me with 225’s but may be even better with 215’s... there’s plenty of 7.5 wheels too and they are typically 2lbs lighter. Trying to optimize. Would be nice to have a bunch of stuff to test!

Current 16x8 225/45R16 setup is about an inch lower than stock, and slight rolling of the rear fenders but not really necessary with good spring rate. Trimmed the outside edge of the rear liner though as that would rub. Forgot to mention -2.8 degrees camber 😂 picture shows a bit lower, perhaps 1/8 lower, than current configuration.

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^IF I ever went to some 15x8 Pro Race 1.2s (I DO love the way they look slightly concave, the ONLY Pro Race 1.2 size for our app which does this!), I would be putting a 225/50-15 on them, so yeah, that could be a serious problem, depending on suspension, spring rate, and the amount of lowering involved. [wink] [:(]

Negi

So i spoke to the Owner of Team illuminata motorsports and he said he could get me TD Pro’s in 15x8+35 for $900 shipped.Is that a Fair Price considering No US supplier have them.He said they have 40 in stock in the UK warehouse.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
No Shit lol.The guy posted it 10 hrs ago and i jumped on it.Got it for $450 with 50% tread left on the tires.
^^^Bargain of the century [thumb], since I was going to ask at least $750.00 for my 17x8 1.2s, but with almost full tread RS-RRs on them, and a set of Muteki SR35s thrown in as well.

If those are Neo Gens on them, you will LOVE them as a street tire, as the set I have on my Dekas are one of the best donuts I've ever used on the street.
I would NOT open track on them, but some actually do. [wink]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I wanted Gold but these will be fine lol
You could always paint them once you have to replace tires.
I am not all that fond of the TD/Rimstock very light gold color, and like the slightly darker/deeper shade that Speedline uses anyway.