Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

16 inch alloys NEED HELP

Hi guys,
I’m fairly new to all this and starting out on my car journey as such but I’m thinking of changing the stock 17’s to 16’s as the ride is too harsh on roads in my area. Does anyone have any ideas in terms of tire size, alloy choice etc. I use the car as my daily. Thanks.

OP
R
Thread Starter #2
Note: I have read the other threads but need a more watered down version of the jargon (not a huge car buff) just looking for good looking and affordable 16” alloys and the tires to match. If anyone could point me in the right direction I’d be very appreciative.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
The first post in this thread has all the size information you need: https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...ze-bolt-pattern-offset-tire-information.1126/

The OEM wheel is 17"x7" with a 47.5 mm offset. The bolt pattern is 4x108. The hub centric diameter is 63.4 mm.

The wheel you want will be 16"x7" with a 42-45 mm offset, and the 4x108 bolt pattern. If it is made specifically for the Fiesta it will have a 63.4 mm bore. If not, you'll have to use hub centric rings to mate the bores.

The closest to OEM diameter tire will be 205/45R16. (0.2" shorter diameter)
You can use a 205/60R16 as well (0.5" taller diameter)

Either of those will retain the stock section width, avoiding problems with clearance.

Most wheel/tire vendors will have an online selector that has you put in the make and model of car, then allow you to select the desired wheel diameter and will then show you what is available.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The first post in this thread has all the size information you need: https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...ze-bolt-pattern-offset-tire-information.1126/

The OEM wheel is 17"x7" with a 47.5 mm offset. The bolt pattern is 4x108. The hub centric diameter is 63.4 mm.

The wheel you want will be 16"x7" with a 42-45 mm offset, and the 4x108 bolt pattern. If it is made specifically for the Fiesta it will have a 63.4 mm bore. If not, you'll have to use hub centric rings to mate the bores.

The closest to OEM diameter tire will be 205/45R16. (0.2" shorter diameter)
You can use a 205/60R16 as well (0.5" taller diameter)

Either of those will retain the stock section width, avoiding problems with clearance.

Most wheel/tire vendors will have an online selector that has you put in the make and model of car, then allow you to select the desired wheel diameter and will then show you what is available.
205/50R16****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Being where you are, you can easily get both the Speedline Corse 2120 'Turini' wheel in 16x7, AND the Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 in 16x7.

BOTH wheels are STRONG, and have our proper center bore, with NO hub centric rings needed, as well as a single 4x108 drilling (vs. a 'dual pattern, 8 lug drilling used on some of the bargain basement type wheels).

The Turini has a 40ET offset, and the Pro Race 1.2 has a 42ET.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
A 38 offset means the wheels will have 9.5 mm more "poke" than the OEM wheels. While this is not likely enough to stress the wheel bearings unduly, it means there is that much less space at the fender lip. With 205 section tires I don't think that will run you into any trouble, but the wider the tire, the more likely you will rub the fender.

Individual wheels can have differences, but a 38 mm offset is probably OK.