Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2 point front brace install issues. Please help.

Hey there,

I can't seem to get the suspension bolts loose to install the front, 2 point brace. I have the car on ramps with a 15" socket wrench, 18mm socket, attempting to turn counter-clockwise.

What's up?

Chris G

What he said. And I have heard (from Pierce themselves) that you should have the suspension unloaded (on stands) when doing this install.

OP
P
Thread Starter #4
What he said. And I have heard (from Pierce themselves) that you should have the suspension unloaded (on stands) when doing this install.
I believe the part I received does not need to have the suspension unloaded. The bolts need only be slightly loosened.

Ill be looking for a breaker bar and some PB blaster.

It is counter clockwise though, right?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
ALWAYS SAFETY FIRST

You ABSOLUTALY need to have the suspension un-loaded.
You will NEVER get the bolts out without unloading it.
If you were to get a bolt out the suspension will collapse, so PLEASE don't be under it.

A 24 inch breaker bar works best but you can put a length of pipe over your ratchet.
I also would only recommend 1/2 inch drive.

Dave

OP
P
Thread Starter #7
ALWAYS SAFETY FIRST

You ABSOLUTALY need to have the suspension un-loaded.
You will NEVER get the bolts out without unloading it.
If you were to get a blot out the suspension will collapse, so PLEASE don't be under it.

A 24 inch breaker bar works best but you can put a length of pipe over your ratchet.
I also would only recommend 1/2 inch drive.

Dave
Thanks Dave. Great ideas and thanks for the heads up:)

As mentioned, the bolts will only be loosened by a few mm's, not taken out. This is a very exciting and new product that is installed without removing the bolts at all.

And it is a .5" drive.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thanks Dave. Great ideas and thanks for the heads up:)

As mentioned, the bolts will only be loosened by a few mm's, not taken out. This is a very exciting and new product that is installed without removing the bolts at all.

And it is a .5" drive.
I am sorry I missed that.
I did not know that there was a new product that didn't require the bolts to be removed.

Dave

OP
P
Thread Starter #12
Got the before shots. Once I get this on, I'll get a review up with photo's and all. Let's just say I'm confident you will not be disappointed.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
This is a very exciting and new product that is installed without removing the bolts at all.
So this new and exciting product is NOT from Pierce Motorsport?

I have also determined that un-loading the suspension would make this installation easer.
Even if the bolt is not removed it would be easer to turn.

Dave

Pierce called me when I ordered my 4-point brace and said they were planning on releasing some new stuff for the fiesta this summer.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Pierce called me when I ordered my 4-point brace and said they were planning on releasing some new stuff for the fiesta this summer.
This may be true.
However I spoke with Jim Pierce this morning and this is NOT a product of theirs.

Dave

OP
P
Thread Starter #16
So this new and exciting product is NOT from Pierce Motorsport?

I have also determined that un-loading the suspension would make this installation easer.
Even if the bolt is not removed it would be easer to turn.

Dave
Good advice. I sprayed and put a gob and a half of strength, but I didn't have enough leverage lying on the floor under my car. Next step is taking it to my local shop on the lift, lame.

This is not a Pierce part but a part from another reputable vendor.

Sorry for the wait. Will certainly start a new thread once I bring it in and get installed.