Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Carbon Fiber Hood Question

okay so i bought a CF hood for my fiST. Took oem hood off and installed CF hood, lined up great looks good, but it will not shut completely. It hits the release latch and holds but will not engage the striker correctly and shut all the way. Has anybody on here installed a CF hood and could lend me some insight? Do i need to order a pair of hood pins? Where is a good place to even install the pins on these cars? Sorry if this is a dumb question but i have searched every where for an answer with zero luck. Any advice is much appreciated

I'm not sure on the fiesta, but I've installed a lot of hoods. See if you can lower the latch on the car. I've even had to go so far as to use a drill and make the hood latch holes ovaled out some on some Hondas in the past to allow the latch to go lower. Most times the bump stops will need to be adjusted around the lights etc that keep the hood line up in other areas and so that it won't vibrate during driving conditions.

If you're able to push it all the way down flush but it won't latch you may need to move the latch UP if possible. Hard to diag not in person.

If you're able to push it all the way down flush but it won't latch you may need to move the latch UP if possible. Hard to diag not in person.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I have had two different Seibon CF hoods on my car with no trouble at all.

Dave