rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Member ID
all the better to push your tuning with my dear .... LOL

iso100

1000 Post Club
Member ID
$604.19

Shipping was free, and got here via teleport technology, apparently. ;)
Whoa, that's a great price. Let us know if you get a customs bill in the mail after the fact.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Member ID
$604.19

Shipping was free, and got here via teleport technology, apparently. ;)
My Miltek downpipe from pumaspeed came here by the same teleport shipping !!! I complained for about a week about how I can order something from GA to FL and it takes 6 days to get it, but I order something from the UK and it makes it to me in 2days !!

Seems to a fair deal also for full-bolt-on

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Thread Starter #105
I complained for about a week about how I can order something from GA to FL and it takes 6 days to get it, but I order something from the UK and it makes it to me in 2days !!
Hahha, that's what I have been saying all day today. I order something from one state over and it takes 4 days to get to me but the UK? 2 days.

I mean I get why, air vs ground but still fun to complain about. ;)

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Thread Starter #106
Ok, spent all day installing stuff today. Wilwood brake kit and the Bilstein coilovers.

I can't drive the car yet because I need to set the ride heights and bleed the brakes still. The Wilwood calipers have the smallest and cutest little bleed screws I have ever seen, they are almost half the size of a 9mm wrench so I need to go buy a new wrench for that and the Bilstein coilovers where set low as hell out of the box. The pictures below are even with me turning up the fronts about 3 turns from factory before installing too.

The car as it sits in the photos is 2" lower in the front and about 1" lower in the rear. Going to raise the front obviously. Over all the installs went smooth, I just took my time.

Wilwood GT rotors vs. Stock Fiesta ST rotors:

DP6 caliper:

Cute lil' bleeder screws:

Bilsteins and Wilwood BBK:

Looks like lots of room if I wanted to down to 16" wheels:

Way too low in front:

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Member ID
I really like the way your wheels/tires look. I can't wait till my stockers run out and I can get 205/45s. It just changes the whole look. Makes it look lower, and I'm sure the ride is better than stock, which is my main concern.

Member ID
I don't think I've seen anyone discuss this, but how do you balance the new front setup with the stock rear setup? Is it pretty good right away or does it require any messin?

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Thread Starter #113

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Member ID
Brakes look GREAT. Blistein is def what I would have went with as well. Your car is coming alone fast. Would have been cool to see if you gained/lost any power on the dyno due to brake rotor gain/lose.

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Thread Starter #115
Brakes look GREAT. Blistein is def what I would have went with as well. Your car is coming alone fast. Would have been cool to see if you gained/lost any power on the dyno due to brake rotor gain/lose.
I believe the rotor/caliper weight loss is around 20 lbs. I think I remember 2J-Racing showing the weight differences. The Wilwood rotors are for sure lighter than OEM, even being larger.

Member ID
20 lbs of unsprung weight most likely, the rotating weight savings is probably less since the calipers are lighter as well.

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Thread Starter #118
Yea it's a nice weight difference but it's also very close to the axle so not as big as if you took that off with tires/wheels.

It's still 20 or so lbs off the front of the car so that's good. :)

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Thread Starter #119
Just checked the 2J-Racing thread.

OEM: 53.6 lbs total
Wilwood: 31.6 lbs total

Member ID
How much are you planning on lifting up the coils? Car looks amazing!