2015 ST w/ factory Michelins

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Member ID
Have you driven with the RE050's and compared to the AS3's? For that matter, has anyone gotten a solid compare of the 2?
To be honest the RE50's are like new on the rims yet they just seemed a little slippery when it got cold and seem ok in the warm temps

Member ID
I've never been a fan of RE050's since I had them on my 335. Decent initial grip but at the limit just slipped. Compared to the PS2's I switched out to (on the 335) night and day.

Member ID
No such thing as "All-Season" tires, even though that's what they claim. I've live in Michigan for a lot of winters and NO All-Season tire , again NO ALL SEASON TIRE ,no matter the brand or cost is as good as a true winter PERIOD. If you live in 40degree and colder with snow, light or heavy you owe it to yourself to invest in a winter tire. Even a cheap one.

MPA

Member ID
I mentioned that my car came with summer tires to the dealer, since I live in the midwest. He told me they'd be fine in the winter - I told him "bullshit" and explained that when it gets cold, it's impossible to get any heat into the tires for traction. He looked at me like I was the crazy one :D