Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 ST Changes or Specs??

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
But the Ecoboost of the Flex is the 365HP first gen, isn't it? AFAIK the only two 2nd Gen are the one in the Raptor with 450HP and the one in the Ford GT with "over 600HP"... I'm not trying to bash or anything like that...[paranoid]
Maybe he tuned it haha..that would be one bad ass flex.

To my best knowledge you are right, 2nd gen 3.5 is only raptor and GT so far.

The 2.7 ecoboost is pretty impressive. Have you seen what it can do in the edge sport? 0-60 5.6 secs.
I think they need a 2.7 or 3.5 ecoboost to replace the n/a v6 in the mustang...

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
But the Ecoboost of the Flex is the 365HP first gen, isn't it? AFAIK the only two 2nd Gen are the one in the Raptor with 450HP and the one in the Ford GT with "over 600HP"... I'm not trying to bash or anything like that...[paranoid]
I think the flex is actually 355hp. This will be the last year of the flex. But with all the bolt-on's the gen-1 3.5L can be a beast. Flex's can run mid-12's with the properly motivated owner ;)

I owned a 2013 flex NA. What a wonderful suv. I think its ugly as crap, always have, but its really a beautiful suv. owning an ecoboost one would be epic. In florida, we get very little awd models down here, just not much demand. So its pretty rare to see that "limited" ecoboost flex here. Fully optioned out, the flex can go for like $56-$57k !! And it might be worth it compared to what you'd pay for a nice new tahoe ( $65k ). Friend of mine just paid almost $80k for a yukon. For $80k,'yukon suck my cock chevy, lol.

Maybe he tuned it haha..that would be one bad ass flex.

To my best knowledge you are right, 2nd gen 3.5 is only raptor and GT so far.

The 2.7 ecoboost is pretty impressive. Have you seen what it can do in the edge sport? 0-60 5.6 secs.
I think they need a 2.7 or 3.5 ecoboost to replace the n/a v6 in the mustang...
My dream engine lineup for the mustang would be:
Base V6 3.5 with 285HP
Ecoboost L4 2.3 with 310HP
Ecoboost V6 2.7 with 350HP
GT V8 5.0 with 450HP
GT350 V8 5.2 with 526HP
GT500 EB V8 5.0 with 715HP

I think the flex is actually 355hp. This will be the last year of the flex. But with all the bolt-on's the gen-1 3.5L can be a beast. Flex's can run mid-12's with the properly motivated owner ;)

I owned a 2013 flex NA. What a wonderful suv. I think its ugly as crap, always have, but its really a beautiful suv. owning an ecoboost one would be epic. In florida, we get very little awd models down here, just not much demand. So its pretty rare to see that "limited" ecoboost flex here. Fully optioned out, the flex can go for like $56-$57k !! And it might be worth it compared to what you'd pay for a nice new tahoe ( $65k ). Friend of mine just paid almost $80k for a yukon. For $80k,'yukon suck my cock chevy, lol.
The 1gen with bolts on and a tune is a monster hahaha

I think we should be talking about the changes for 2016 of the FiST and not about other cars...

If Ford would add an LSD, better flowing charge pipes, better flowing down pipe, slight tune bump to 222hp, it would do it perfectly. Call it the ST-DW(deuces wild), ha!

jayrod1980

Going to call BS on the FLEX Hp. The SHO, Flex Ecoboost, and the Explorer Sport ALL have the same engine profile, tune etc. The SHO gets away with 380hp based on the RPM produced for its rating. The Flex and the Explorer Sport measure 20HP less but it's all a sham. At the same RPM, all three make similar power. The "lower" powered Flex and Explorer are measured at hundreds of RPM less than the SHO which makes the reading deceiving.

Drag race any Flex owner such as myself with the belief that we didn't get the full sauce engine tune. A 4900lb. Flex Ecoboost with JUST an engine tune can do 0-60 in 5.0 sec and under 13.0 1/4 miles.

me32

1000 Post Club
Going to call BS on the FLEX Hp. The SHO, Flex Ecoboost, and the Explorer Sport ALL have the same engine profile, tune etc. The SHO gets away with 380hp based on the RPM produced for its rating. The Flex and the Explorer Sport measure 20HP less but it's all a sham. At the same RPM, all three make similar power. The "lower" powered Flex and Explorer are measured at hundreds of RPM less than the SHO which makes the reading deceiving.

Drag race any Flex owner such as myself with the belief that we didn't get the full sauce engine tune. A 4900lb. Flex Ecoboost with JUST an engine tune can do 0-60 in 5.0 sec and under 13.0 1/4 miles.

Im sure it has to due with the octane used. Im sure the rating for the flex is with 87 octane and the show is probably rated with 91/93 octane.

Trying to find out if there will be an all new 2017 or a refresh? I can wait another year before I order I don't want to have a 2016 and 2017 is a better car all around.

I have an Idea....quit pussyhood footing it and go buy one you nancy....shit or get off the pot.[bigcry]
Lol it's just my timing is off and if I have to wait several months to order a 16 I'll be peeved if they update and make all sorts of improvements in the 17. I have a ctsv I'm dd'ing currently I won't have an issue holding on to it for a few months longer

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Lol it's just my timing is off and if I have to wait several months to order a 16 I'll be peeved if they update and make all sorts of improvements in the 17. I have a ctsv I'm dd'ing currently I won't have an issue holding on to it for a few months longer
I saw a FiSt one weekend....next weekend test drove one....same week bought one it was as simple as that and I came from SyTy land and own a Typhoon which is also one of the biggest sleeper vehicles ever. It's a true stoplight warrior hands down and it's almost 25 years old. When I bought it I was on the edge of buying STI or an EVO. Then a guy I worked with was like F*#k those grocery getters everyone has one.... buy a Syclone or a Typhoon. I was like WTF are those....took his advice and found a low mile Ty and bought it untest driven. Best vehicle I bought for leisure so far....but the FiST is also a smile provoker. I'll never look back after buying the FiST.

Someone else noted it somewhere, don't know if it was in this thread or not, but the '16s that are showing up online on autotrader and the like have gotten mixed up when it comes to which wheel choice has the red calipers. The black wheels are the premium choice and are supposed to have the red calipers according to the Ford build site, but the grey wheels are the ones shipping with the red calipers. Someone got something mixed up in the factory. I wonder if they will catch it.

At least it's consistently backwards. Here's what every color and wheel choice look like together with the red calipers on the grey wheels. The black wheels are too black for my taste.