Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 ST Changes or Specs??

jayrod1980

Using both USAA car buying service and Exchange Auto Sales overseas, the car just comes out cheaper. The only real difference in the build is that I didn't have to pay for Rado Gray wheels. They are standard on 2016. Ebony black with red calipers replaces the Rado Gray with red calipers. Maybe more incentives are out... whatever the reason, even being at the end of its model year, it came out cheaper for me. I had my order changed to 2016. I'm looking forward to the sync 3. Hoping that it comes with a backup camera too. The only real change I made to my build is magnetic versus the oxford white. I could have platinum white tri-coat, but it's extra, and I have the same color on my wife's Ecoboost Flex. It looks great... but really expensive to repaint. Plus I didn't feel like having twin color cars. I also lost 6 way adjustment on the passenger seat (it's 4 way adjustable now), but that's a good tradeoff for a better infotainment system and 1800 off. If better incentives are offered prior to my November delivery date (still overseas right now), I get those as well.

Using both USAA car buying service and Exchange Auto Sales overseas, the car just comes out cheaper. The only real difference in the build is that I didn't have to pay for Rado Gray wheels. They are standard on 2016. Ebony black with red calipers replaces the Rado Gray with red calipers. Maybe more incentives are out... whatever the reason, even being at the end of its model year, it came out cheaper for me. I had my order changed to 2016. I'm looking forward to the sync 3. Hoping that it comes with a backup camera too. The only real change I made to my build is magnetic versus the oxford white. I could have platinum white tri-coat, but it's extra, and I have the same color on my wife's Ecoboost Flex. It looks great... but really expensive to repaint. Plus I didn't feel like having twin color cars. I also lost 6 way adjustment on the passenger seat (it's 4 way adjustable now), but that's a good tradeoff for a better infotainment system and 1800 off. If better incentives are offered prior to my November delivery date (still overseas right now), I get those as well.
Oh ok, I see now why the price difference. For 2016 Sync 3 is the biggest decider for me....but the color choices aren't super great, never thought that Ingot Silver was a good color until they discontinued it (this would have been my choice if available).

I didn't read every post in this thread , but Mabye shop around , see if a dealer might go way under Retail price , to make the sale , if u could save a grand or two , otherwise the 2016 sounds cool

"Magnetic" color looks great on the FoST:

Especially with the blacked out headlights. Could be a great combo on the FiST. Remember seeing a new headlight design(as with Mondeo and Focus). Anyone know for sure?

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
"Magnetic" color looks great on the FoST:

Especially with the blacked out headlights. Could be a great combo on the FiST. Remember seeing a new headlight design(as with Mondeo and Focus). Anyone know for sure?
I thought I would like Magnetic but the more I see it the less I like it for some odd reason. [dunno]

Other than Tux black. Magnetic was the other color I really wanted. Timing and urgency was against me. BUT, it's definitely a color I'm eyeing if I get a FocRS or FieRS.

Magnetic is such a great color on the 'Stangs, but I don't personally think it pops on the FiST. To each their own and I'm not putting color choice down as it is so subjective. I'm interested to see one in the wild to render my final decision.

I thought I would like Magnetic but the more I see it the less I like it for some odd reason. [dunno]

That's not Magnetic, that's "Stealth" a "Only for europe" color [}(] , they have Stealth and we have Magnetic (Wish we had stealth as an option).

Found this pic on the internet, it actually looks good (better than the FoST magnetic IMO)

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Magnetic is such a great color on the 'Stangs, but I don't personally think it pops on the FiST. To each their own and I'm not putting color choice down as it is so subjective. I'm interested to see one in the wild to render my final decision.
Good luck. I've seen four FiSTs "in the wild" since October 2013. Two of them on the same day. lol [:0]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just buy one already....0% apr right now.... $1000 cash given....wtf not? Can't go wrong with that....if you think about it if you get charged 1-4% does it really matter you saved 2k over someone who got 0% apr....it's a wash sometimes.????

jayrod1980

Got my order changed from a '14 Oxford White, loaded without sunroof to '15 White Platinum Tricoat loaded without sunroof... saved $2K! I did lose a couple way adjustment on the passenger seat, but I got Rado Grey wheels standard, a better white color (premium color, same color as wife's Flex... much better than Oxford White), and SYNC 3 which is actually bearable. I wish it had a rear back up camera but the car is like 12 feet long so I should be fine. Let's hope some more incentives come out before I pick up right around Nov 1 so I can save even more!

Got my order changed from a '14 Oxford White, loaded without sunroof to '15 White Platinum Tricoat loaded without sunroof... saved $2K! I did lose a couple way adjustment on the passenger seat, but I got Rado Grey wheels standard, a better white color (premium color, same color as wife's Flex... much better than Oxford White), and SYNC 3 which is actually bearable. I wish it had a rear back up camera but the car is like 12 feet long so I should be fine. Let's hope some more incentives come out before I pick up right around Nov 1 so I can save even more!
You mean "changed from a '15 Oxford White to '16 White Platinum" right?

jayrod1980

Affirmative, sorry! As far as I know 2014-2015 had the same colors. 2016 added a few and got rid of a bunch more. Overall a more narrow color pallet but I love the White Platinum Tricoat. My wife's 450 hp Flex looks great with it and drives any better. Too bad the Fiesta can't really keep up... but will definitely handle and brake better!

Affirmative, sorry! As far as I know 2014-2015 had the same colors. 2016 added a few and got rid of a bunch more. Overall a more narrow color pallet but I love the White Platinum Tricoat. My wife's 450 hp Flex looks great with it and drives any better. Too bad the Fiesta can't really keep up... but will definitely handle and brake better!

I prefer the older colors :( I don't like that they deleted Envy Green, Oxford White, Ingot Silver, Performance Blue, Tuxedo Black and Race Red.... (I mean, the only color that stayed the same was Molten Orange, right?)

I know I'm glad I got the metallic flake in my Tuxedo Black '15. Don't know if I'd honestly buy a Shadow Black over some of the other colors in '16.

450 hp in a Ford Flex? Is that for real?

Yes. You can buy a $52k flex that is awd and 3.5L twin turbo'd :)
But the Ecoboost of the Flex is the 365HP first gen, isn't it? AFAIK the only two 2nd Gen are the one in the Raptor with 450HP and the one in the Ford GT with "over 600HP"... I'm not trying to bash or anything like that...[paranoid]