Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 ST Changes or Specs??

OP
M
Thread Starter #62
The Backup camera is not available for 15 ST's... I do have the ST rear mats though.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I'm on the fence to buy a 2016 end of this year or wait for a potentially revised 2017.
Can you stand the wait?

There shouldn't be any major changes for 2016.

Dave

To be honest, I need 2nd car in my household and went for a test drive a couple of days ago, which had me itching to buy a 2015 on the spot but knowing that the 2016 will have the new sync makes it seem worth getting. On the other hand, buying the 2016 and knowing that Ford will have something new for 2017 doesn't seem like a good idea. 2017's I would expect to see a newer design and possibly a bit more power (this is just speculation of course).

Can you stand the wait?

There shouldn't be any major changes for 2016.

Dave

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
You may be surprised about 2017.
With changes all over the world to get below 1.5L.
I would suspect the FiST, if still offered, would retain the power we have now but with a 1.5L engine.
This is pure speculation on my part.

Dave

me32

1000 Post Club
I would suspect the FiST, if still offered, would retain the power we have now but with a 1.5L engine.

Dave
That could be true. I could see them possibly drop the 1.6 in favor of the 1.5 so it will be across the whole line

jayrod1980

I'm still stuck overseas... so I don't have the 2015 I ordered here on base, but I'm thinking of canceling my order and changing it to a 2016. The new sync looks much less frustrating, and the availability of black wheels is great (the less you have to clean the better!). Even if I didn't go black, the gray wheels are now standard. I'm really more upset that the price I'm getting right now is more than dealers are offering through some car buying services in the area I will be living when I get back.

My real question, is does anyone know, if ordered now, what the delivery time of the car will be? How long does it take typically? I'll be home late October, so I feel I should still have enough time to have the car ready by the time I get home.

Dave
With the RS being spied I would expect some type of performance Fiesta to be available by 2017 or so...not sure about the displacement though, as anything could be possible. Eitherway, end of this year I will need to make a descision or just buy a used car that can help me to be able to wait out this storm of performance options that's coming.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
With the RS being spied I would expect some type of performance Fiesta to be available by 2017 or so....
Personally I don't believe that to be a truly valid statement.
Let's hope you are right.

You must have seen over the last many years that Ford is a class based company.
They have never mad a car in a lower class outperform one in a higher class.

To Ford the Fiesta ST is lower then the Focus ST (maybe not in our opinions).
And in no way will the Fiesta ST be on the same level as the Focus RS.

As we have also seen over the many years of improved technology performance should be expected to improve.
However everything above the Fiesta should improve as well.

Again this is only my opinion.

Dave

I guess I wasn't trying to make it sound as if the Fiesta RS if made would out perform the focus, was just stating that I didn't believe that Ford would stop making a performance Fiesta based on the mule that was spotted earlier this year. That mule may or may not be a Fiesta RS...maybe it's simply the new Fiesta ST. I don't like to read into things much myself but when Ford began testing he Focus RS mule, many didn't believe that it was much but now we see that we will get an RS. I believe that also we will receive more performance Ford's per Ford's announcement at Detroit...it's just a matter of what will come.

Speaking about the current ST, minor improvements for 2016 have me believing that we will see something major for 2017 and get a leak by Detroit next year.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I too have seen concept cars come and go.
I have also seen Ford announce a new car only to not release it in the eleventh hour.
I have even seen new model cars on the dealership floor with signs stating that is NOT for sale.

Anything can happen until it is on the floor with a price tag.

Dave

jayrod1980

I was able to change my order today... and still get my car around the end of October. Pretty neat that 2016 has the new/better Sync, some decent, if mostly more conservative paint choices, and standard Rado Gray wheels. I was going to go for the ebony black, but the gray I believe will look cleaner, and not show nicks and scratches as fast as the black wheels. I think some paint choices and the new Sync, along with the passenger Recaro being only 4 way instead of 6 way adjustable are the only real changes. The 2016 also is almost $2000 cheaper for me than the 2015. It's currently $22900 loaded up with everything but the extra cost tri-color paints, ebony black/red caliper wheels, moonroof, and exterior "protection package."

I'm of a mind to think 2017 will give us a new Fiesta, but I doubt there will be an ST that first year if the refresh is large. Regardless, I absolutely need a car by the beginning of November, so waiting another calendar year is not an option for me.