Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2022+ GR86 / BRZ Discussion

Just to add, this guy tracks the BRZ and does recommend going to a coil over setup in order to adjust camber which he claims is non-adjustable in stock form. I was not clear why someone could not just use camber plates on this car. He did compare a stock vs a modified car on the track and did notice a difference. On the street it probably is less noticeable. I’m not plugging his channel but he seems to be the “first” or “only” guy tracking his BRZ?
So you can use camber bolts or camber plates on these cars with the stock struts, no coilovers necessary. I went with camber plates on mine and I'm sitting at -2 degrees, though may go a little more aggressive in the future. Just the two degrees made a massive difference.

I've actually been tracking my BRZ since December. So far so good, these cars really just need pads and brake fluid before going out. There are a couple other 22's out on track, but I haven't seen many just yet.

If anyone wants to see a lap:

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #122
The used market for the Gen1 cars is absolutely bonkers right now. People are asking 14-18k for a pre-facelift with 100k miles on them.
yep. i paid 11k for mine back in dec 2019. routinely get offered 20k (it is a solo spec coupe build which is highly desirable right now among autocrossers).

I've seen some low mileage 2020/2021 BRZ / 86s go for damn near what it costs for a 2022+ model. Crazy

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
yep. i paid 11k for mine back in dec 2019. routinely get offered 20k (it is a solo spec coupe build which is highly desirable right now among autocrossers).

I've seen some low mileage 2020/2021 BRZ / 86s go for damn near what it costs for a 2022+ model. Crazy
Yeah, I could probably sell my 2022 for MSRP or more with 6k miles on it. It’s a Limited WRB 6MT, which was basically the most desired spec for the car at launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
How's the shifter feel in the '22 BRZ? I've driven a friend's 2021 WRX and I learned exactly why people say Subaru gearbox feels like a bucket of rocks.
I saw a review of the car on the Motorweek show last night, and they said the shifter and clutch feel were the best they had ever felt on a Subaru. I have not driven it myself, but this was encouraging to me.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've driven two of the current gen WRXs - one modded - hated the shifter on both. My daughter wants a BRZ eventually (PROUD PAPA), so I've begun my journey into the rabbit hole.

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #134
Update - I still have my deposit down for a GR86....been waiting since January. I'm patient because I'm guaranteed MSRP + $500 incentive.

Dealer called 2 weeks ago - they have a black one coming in but I declined. Holding out for white or red....

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Update - I still have my deposit down for a GR86....been waiting since January. I'm patient because I'm guaranteed MSRP + $500 incentive.

Dealer called 2 weeks ago - they have a black one coming in but I declined. Holding out for white or red....
Sounds like a good plan, it'll show up eventually.

dhminer

2000 Post Club

Man, that sucks! I’m about to start car shopping and this is on the list of possibilities but I’m not that patient.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Are you selling your fist?
Never! It’s the first car I paid for myself so I’m keeping it as my dad did with his first car which he and I built the shit out of when I was in high school. Figure I’ll do the same with the fist and keep the first car tradition going. Maybe it ends up with a coyote RWD swap one day like that mf on YouTube. Who knows?

I just need a new daily. The fiesta was off of daily duty for the last two years but I switched jobs abruptly and had to turn in my company vehicle that’s been my dd. Once I move and close on the new house it’s car shopping time. Way more fun than house shopping.

Well as much as I liked the new brz it wasn’t best as a daily and having kids with legs. I traded it in after like 6 months and 13k miles for the same price as paid new and got this pig.

View attachment 48956
I have a strong feeling I'd love one of these. Still don't think I've noticed any on the road around me yet though.