Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2022+ GR86 / BRZ Discussion

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #83
congrats! the car is sweet for sure
Thanks! Sad that I'll be leaving the Fiesta community (well, maybe). But after 7.5 years of owning my Fiesta ST, I'm ready for a bit of a change.

My only conundrum - How am I going to transport my kayaks now?! :p

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, I highly doubt that I could fit a road bike, or a gravel bike with the back wheel still on, into one of those (I loathe putting a multi-thousand dollar ride on a roof rack, and refuse to do so!). [:(]

No problem whatsoever with the FiST, especially sans the back seat.

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #85
Yeah, I highly doubt that I could fit a road bike, or a gravel bike with the back wheel still on, into one of those (I loathe putting a multi-thousand dollar ride on a roof rack, and refuse to do so!). [:(]

No problem whatsoever with the FiST, especially sans the back seat.
Actually, my mountain and road bikes fit in the rear of my FRS better than my fiesta. With the rear seats down, the FRS has a little bit more room on the "shelf,". It seems counterintuitive I know, but I find it easier to transport bikes in the back of my Scion over the Fiesta

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Actually, my mountain and road bikes fit in the rear of my FRS better than my fiesta. With the rear seats down, the FRS has a little bit more room on the "shelf,". It seems counterintuitive I know, but I find it easier to transport bikes in the back of my Scion over the Fiesta
Both wheels off, or just the front?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
yep, or Added Dealer Markup. My maverick order has been delayed seemingly indefinitely, so I'm looking at other options.

Or
Its all over the news now Ford and GM are cracking down on dealers extorting people . Apparently they are not going to stand for the dealer charging people over msrp aka sticker . Those dealers are going to suffer in Ford is going to deny them product if they don’t stop. So basically if they are jacking you around walk.
Though I will say having gone through the order process with Ford it is a 4-5 month situation. I ordered my FiST in early March 2018 and did receive it till mid July of that year.

Its all over the news now Ford and GM are cracking down on dealers extorting people . Apparently they are not going to stand for the dealer charging people over msrp aka sticker . Those dealers are going to suffer in Ford is going to deny them product if they don’t stop. So basically if they are jacking you around walk.
Though I will say having gone through the order process with Ford it is a 4-5 month situation. I ordered my FiST in early March 2018 and did receive it till mid July of that year.
I apparently scored supply chain issue bingo with my Maverick order (paint, trailer hitch, and bedliner all on back-order indefinitely), so I'm looking at 8-9 months as a best case scenario. At least I was able to get it ordered for under MSRP.
But yeah, the manufacturers are getting into it with dealers over markups right now. I remember when the GT350 came out, we lost a a bunch of allocation spots over ADMs because the GM wanted to make a quick buck, and that was back when they mostly turned a blind eye to that type of thing.
I have exactly zero connections in the Toyota/Subaru world though, so I'm hoping I can get a leg up from CSM's experience.

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #97
FWIW it was just announced today that there is an apparent Halt Production order on all new GR86s for quality checks. No further info. This will delay things even more