Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How Well Is Your A/C Working?

Hi Everyone,

I currently don't own a FiST, but I'm seriously considering it for my first new car purchase (Performance Blue, All options minus sunroof). I'm from Texas and the summers here are pretty bad in terms of heat, so a good A/C to cool the car down is a must.

Are you guys satisfied with how well the car cools down?
Do you notice a big hit on performance when the A/C is on?

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I live down here in FL where it can get really hot and muggy...no issues with cooling so far.

GA here, hasn't been to hot yet only low 80s. So far the a.c. is doing good in mine once it gets cool it stays that way.

Funny u mention it, but compared to my other new cars, I thought the ST A/C was weak. I found myself raising the fan speed when in my other Ford's, the auto temp control does a nice job keeping me cool.

Mine, and a few guys in the UK was pretty damn weak. Found that the gas was not filled in the factory. Refilled was a bit better bit I was still not happy. Took it back to Fraud and they found the pollen filter was blocked. One guy in the UK found that his pollen filter still had the plastic wrapping on. After the replaced my filter, the AC is very good.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
"One guy in the UK found that his pollen filter still had the plastic wrapping on."
This is the bet one yet....smh.

OP
N
Thread Starter #8
Sounds like most of you guys are pretty satisfied with the A/C. Thanks for the input!

I ask about the potential performance hit because I currently have an 89 civic hatch with a not so powerful 91 hp engine so I have to turn the AC off to accelerate onto the highway haha. I'm sure that won't be a problem with the ST.

I'm in El Paso, where it is obviously hot as balls. The AC has worked fine so far. Just get your windows tinted and use a sunshade and you will be fine. I haven't seen any issues when accelerating onto the highway. You can feel a difference, but you definitely won't be the slowest car merging. Hope that helps..