Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Make the symposer working again

tubulair

Hi everyone,

I know that i'm one of the only few who enjoy the genuine sound of the ST artificialy amplified by the symposer but still i hope that you enthusiat of the Fiesta ST you all are will accept to help me.
I already changed the main symposer box with a new one (i know you will hate me even more to have spent money on that) and my problem is still there. At first it was not working at all anymore. Then I asked Ford to check it and they only agreed to blow some air in the tube which is going between the box and the windshield. Since then, something has changed. It's still not working properly but now i have some amplified sound back, only between 4000 to 4500 rpm, at full charge. The thing is that it doesn't make this nice angry hornet sound the symposer use to do but more like the sound of a frog you squeeze with your foot haha.

But at least it's the first time i see some changes. So my guess is that i have a problem specificaly with this tube. Maybe it's broken somewhere, maybe it's half unplugged ? I can't find any video showing clearly where this tube goes, showing how it's fixed and how to remove it. From what i saw, the battery and its case need to be removed first ? But where this tube goes exactly in the windshield or the cabin ?? If anyone have an idea to help me solving this problem i take it. Just don't tell me to delete it haha

With kind regards

Last edited:
OP
tubulair

tubulair

Thread Starter #5
OP
tubulair

tubulair

Thread Starter #6
This video shows where the hose goes towards the cabin. You can remove/replace it. Kinda hard to see.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcr8L5y4PhY
This one is interesting, we see a bit more what going on behind the battery but if i'm not wrong the guy already deleted the symposer. I think we can still see this tube i'm talking about in my problem but the ones he's removing have a different fonction i think no ?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
This one is interesting, we see a bit more what going on behind the battery but if i'm not wrong the guy already deleted the symposer. I think we can still see this tube i'm talking about in my problem but the ones he's removing have a different fonction i think no ?
Yes. He's replacing the evap lines so he can install a different intake hose, but you do see where the symposer goes behind the battery.