Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2860 install

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #21
IIRC, Mountune has a bolt locking kit, because they had an issue with their turbine flange bolts backing out. Me, since I've been dealing with aviation safety wire for the last 40 years, I'd drill the bolts and safety wire them. I had a 2860 on mine and I just made sure the bolts were tight prior to installing it.
Maybe I'm wrong but the mountune fastener kit looks like it's for both the flange and the part that bolts to the manifold?

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #23
I wonder if atp or garret would tell me what the torque spec on those bolts is for when I put them back on

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I wonder if atp or garret would tell me what the torque spec on those bolts is for when I put them back on
Yeap....Just contact ATP...I have gotten Torque specs from them for my setup. Do you have a tight access torque wrench or adapter?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #25
Yeap....Just contact ATP...I have gotten Torque specs from them for my setup. Do you have a tight access torque wrench or adapter?

Never heard of a tight access torque wrench

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #30

slopoke

You mean like how he has the wrench pictured in the above post?

Yes. If the end of the adapter, in this case, the box end of a wrench is more towards the top of the torque wrench, the force applied will be more than the torque desired. If the box end of the wrench is more towards the butt of the torque wrench handle, the force applied will be less than the required torque.

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #33
So I assume it's normal to lose a bunch of coolant when you take the hoses of like the instructions say?

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #35
So I'm pretty sure it's impossible to take two of the five flange bolts out 20210414_174048.jpg 20210414_173657.jpg

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #37
Well that didn't work. Giving up on those two bolts. Hope I won't need to take the turbo out if they do come loose. 20210416_164312_HDR.jpg

haste

1000 Post Club
Grind the tool down to fit. You could probably grind down a regular box end wrench if you really want to tighten those down.

Or an offset box end wrench.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I know I have posted this somewhere but a couple of notes for the GTX2860 install (specifically the downpipe adapter).

You will have to shave down a wrench to tighten those bolts as others have said. I put the end of another box end wrench on the smaller wrench to get more leverage and tighten them down real good (they love to come loose).

@TyphoonFiST recommended this on another thread and I also recommend it because these bolts love to come loose: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XW2ZTZL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One more thing, the downpipe adapter bolts love to come loose,

Hate to literally sound like a broken record but these bolts coming loose over and over was the nail in the coffin for me getting rid of the GTX turbo on my car. I disliked the turbo lag but think I would have dealt with it for awhile longer if the bolts didn't keep coming lose. Before I sold the turbo, I actually shipped it back to ATP for inspection and had them reinstall the downpipe adapter because I couldn't live with myself selling the turbo without having the downpipe adapter mounted again by the manufacturer (since nothing I tried would keep them from coming loose every 5k miles or so).

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The tension from the Lockwasher should not allow these to come loose. But if your set on tightening them....custom design that tool.