Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2JR Full Race Front Mount Intercooler

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

My god the backlash here is unreal. I've had this thing installed for almost 2 weeks now. Performs as expected. With my charge temps starting at 70 degrees, my charge temps climb about 20 degrees on a 3rd to 5th gear pull to redline. Tight fit, emailed joe with questions during the install and got a response within 15 minutes. Have to agree with him on the spoon feeding thing. You guys act like if you don't have the exact blue prints and details down to the foundry that supplied the metal, it must be a crap product.

Can I get the datalog on that? I'd like to compare to some other data I have for my MTC. If you have a 2nd to 4th redline gear pull logged, that'd be even better. Will also accept standalone 3rd and 4th gear pulls.

J2FoRS

^^ that whole video just made me cringe. If not for the crappy looking IC revealed then your rough approach bashing mashing and kicking the thing just cut me deep. But, you definitely appear to have an issue with fitment. Lol

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
^^ that whole video just made me cringe. If not for the crappy looking IC revealed then your rough approach bashing mashing and kicking the thing just cut me deep. But, you definitely appear to have an issue with fitment. Lol
Well same goes for me, I actually called 2j and the guy in the phone said he's installed half a dozen of these on 2015's and that I was one guy that couldn't get mine to go on. Now this Az guys having the same issue, I wanna return mines for a full refund but they will charge a 20% restocking fee but for what? It's not my fault that it doesn't fit. It's suppose to be a favorited red placement cooler. This is been such a pita purchase, from a company that doesn't give two shits

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #185
Everyone here at 2J has walked customers through on the phone on the install as each of us have performed several installs. If there is a problem, just let us know. Anyone who has dealt with us knows how reasonable we are - just reach out. Someone is pretty much always here at the shop. Thanks

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #186
During the install - if you need to gain clearance - you can loosen the crash bar by loosening 4 8mm black bolts on the front that you need to take off (2 are behind the intercooler) and 2 more and it detaches the radiator support from the crash beam.

AzNightmare

That was mainly for "show", because I know someone will ask me if I pushed it up far enough or did I do this or that, etc.
If that kind of force isn't doing it, something is definitely wrong with the fitment. If this is a legit drop-in product as advertised, I wouldn't and shouldn't need to be trying to disassemble my crash beam, but at this point, it doesn't look like I have a choice anymore?..

During the install - if you need to gain clearance - you can loosen the crash bar by loosening 4 8mm black bolts on the front that you need to take off (2 are behind the intercooler) and 2 more and it detaches the radiator support from the crash beam.
Thank you for finally responding.
The reason I don't see a point in calling is because it's a costly long distance fee for me, and verbally advice isn't always helpful.

For example, if you just told me the above, I'm not sure what you're referring to. Can you please provide images so I can see. That would be much more helpful with a visual guide.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
This IC does not fit on a 2015 , I feel so frustrated and defeated. Tried installing it twice, once alone/once with a friend. It's impossible unless u modify the crash bar. I will be asking for a full refund and if that doesn't work I will take legal action because the advertising is false and the product is just shotty

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #189
Can you post pictures where you loosened the crash bar, slide the IC in place and reinstalled? Its not too hard. Let us know if you need some help.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
There is clearly a difference in products between advertised and what you receive. If it did not fit when we removed the actual intercooler mounts there is no way loosening the crash bar is going to help. Why does the consumer have to go thru all this BS if we paid what u asked but your product doesn't doesn't install the way you say it will. It's not a direct-fit, come to terms with that instead of trying to push your product on people...

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
This is my friends car, and no he did not. He said it just went right in.
Well then their sending out different IC to people, I mean one looks nothing like the one they are advertising.i mean the thing looks like shit and now won't fit, come the F#%k on. Where is the customer serine? Returning mines, not wasting another min on trying anything with this pos product

AzNightmare

Same friend but come on... I do not, 0% believe they changed the crash bar from 2014 to 2015 then changed it back from 2015 to 2016.
So then what are you saying?? :)
I'm getting suggestions to go loosen up my crash beam or radiator which obviously no 2014 or 2016 had to do.
No one with 2015 had yet to chime in yet.

You clearly saw me beat the thing like a monkey as Frankie said, and it wouldn't fit. So unless you're saying (venom) and I are angling the thing in wrong.? Sure, it doesn't seem likely the crash bar designs were changed, but at the end, I'm the one with the video evidence...

(And just to clarify, we weren't helping each other with the install. We're just two different cases of 2015 owners with issues)

I'm wondering if J2R even tested this on all the models or just assumed they were all the same (cause they probably should be)? And why did J2R say that car was a 2015 when it's a 2016 in that case... He can't just be posting pics and then confirming, this is "A" when it's "B" without actually being sure.

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #198
To date, we've sold 42 I/Cs and not one was not able to install it - loosening the crash bar allowed the I/C to slide into place. I believe Steven @ 2J walked you through the install on the phone for about 15mins. We also know from the moment it arrived you havent been happy. Our answers weren't good enough in these threads and its been one big headache for you. I think that has lead to your frustration and at this point, even if it fit - you dont want it on your car. The moment it arrived, it should have been returned for the 20% restocking for new/saleable products. Based on the video, we know that isnt the case.

We have a product on our site called a Balance Shaft Delete Kit - it removes the balance shafts and adds a windage tray. When it was released, no one could install it as the balance shafts (7lb chunk of metal and gears) have to be carefully maneuvered to clear the aluminum upper oil pan. For us, it still takes us about 20 mins of just carefully rotating it before it will drop out. And thats 20mins during the final step of a 2hr process. With patience and skills, it can be removed. In turn, it adds another 1.25 qts of oil capacity and reduces a far bit of parasitic drag - like running without AC and PS. After the initial sourness about the install, now - we sell an average of 10 a week. Its a very popular product. Same happened with the cowl induction intake we sell. Lots of complaints about noise, install, etc. Now we struggle to keep it in stock.

I'm sorry this happened to you - but I can assure you, with patience and skills - it fits.

AzNightmare

To date, we've sold 42 I/Cs and not one was not able to install it - loosening the crash bar allowed the I/C to slide into place. I believe Steven @ 2J walked you through the install on the phone for about 15mins. We also know from the moment it arrived you havent been happy. Our answers weren't good enough in these threads and its been one big headache for you. I think that has lead to your frustration and at this point, even if it fit - you dont want it on your car. The moment it arrived, it should have been returned for the 20% restocking for new/saleable products. Based on the video, we know that isnt the case.

We have a product on our site called a Balance Shaft Delete Kit - it removes the balance shafts and adds a windage tray. When it was released, no one could install it as the balance shafts (7lb chunk of metal and gears) have to be carefully maneuvered to clear the aluminum upper oil pan. For us, it still takes us about 20 mins of just carefully rotating it before it will drop out. And thats 20mins during the final step of a 2hr process. With patience and skills, it can be removed. In turn, it adds another 1.25 qts of oil capacity and reduces a far bit of parasitic drag - like running without AC and PS. After the initial sourness about the install, now - we sell an average of 10 a week. Its a very popular product. Same happened with the cowl induction intake we sell. Lots of complaints about noise, install, etc. Now we struggle to keep it in stock.

I'm sorry this happened to you - but I can assure you, with patience and skills - it fits.

I'm not sure if your post is directed to me, or the mass, or just to a "whomever it conerns", because some of the things you said in the post doesn't seem accurate if it's toward me, but anyhow:

Can you please provide a tutorial on a 2015? That would be greatly appreciated and I'm sure it will avoid any sort of confusion on installation issues. Thanks.

As for skill, if you can remove the bumper, you can install this....
Patience, well I was in my garage for about 2 hours trying to finesse this in.