Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2JR Intake Install

Hey everyone! Looking to buy an intake and was curious how many of you are running this intake. Just bought a 2019 FiST and I'm curious about the install. I don't want to do any cutting into the MAF wires, so I'd have to buy a harness to extend it right? Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

Spork1569

I think @Clit_Beastwood recently dealt with the install but ended up removing it, but I did see he made a thread of the difficulties faced not outlined in the other install videos/threads.

Just be ready for tons of intake noise if that's what you're looking for. Even the creator describes it as obnoxiously Ioud if that tells you how loud it is.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I think @Clit_Beastwood recently dealt with the install but ended up removing it, but I did see he made a thread of the difficulties faced not outlined in the other install videos/threads.

Just be ready for tons of intake noise if that's what you're looking for. Even the creator describes it as obnoxiously Ioud if that tells you how loud it is.
I’m a stickler for fit and finish, and feel that the 2j wasn’t good for *me*. Most are ok with a little rubbing or buzzing, I am not, so I took it off. I dug the turbo noise but the vibration of the cowl/filter while decelerating was annoying me and made me avoid driving the car.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Hey everyone! Looking to buy an intake and was curious how many of you are running this intake. Just bought a 2019 FiST and I'm curious about the install. I don't want to do any cutting into the MAF wires, so I'd have to buy a harness to extend it right? Let me know your thoughts, thanks!
Just order the Maf extender from 2j or amazon, and the evap thingy from whoosh.

Also, make sure yours came with MAF screws before doing the install - mine did not come with any. There’s a sensor above the turbo by the crossover that you should unplug, I almost cracked it while twisting to install. However big you think you need the cowl hole, go bigger.

OP
Z
Thread Starter #6
Just order the Maf extender from 2j or amazon, and the evap thingy from whoosh.

Also, make sure yours came with MAF screws before doing the install - mine did not come with any. There’s a sensor above the turbo by the crossover that you should unplug, I almost cracked it while twisting to install. However big you think you need the cowl hole, go bigger.
Thanks a lot! I've seen from the few threads about this intake that it's hit or miss on throwing CEL codes, did yours?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thanks a lot! I've seen from the few threads about this intake that it's hit or miss on throwing CEL codes, did yours?
yeah - I immediately noticed oil smell each time the diverter did its thing, and I was getting a pcv error that appears to be "normal". I don't like driving around with a code on the car, innocuous or not.