Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2Jr part 2

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I’m ok here fellas but I appreciate the assists. I can handle the internet. I’m pretty ruthless when offensive. If you guys want me to bury these folks just let me know and I’ll make Bill Burr look weak. It could be pretty fun..

OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #42
Bill Burr is my spiri
I’m ok here fellas but I appreciate the assists. I can handle the internet. I’m pretty ruthless when offensive. If you guys want me to bury these folks just let me know and I’ll make Bill Burr look weak. It could be pretty fun..
spirit animal!! Lol. I'm sure you could, but don't do it. Like I said, this wasn't the purpose of my post.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Bill Burr is my spiri
spirit animal!! Lol. I'm sure you could, but don't do it. Like I said, this wasn't the purpose of my post.
I love you buddy. I certainly understand concern about keeping people from getting ripped off. I just don’t believe 2J’s doing that. Hopefully I am right. I don’t understand why the other guy attacked me for sharing my first hand experience though. I’m just sharing another opinion.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I don't have a horse in this race. The process of customizing one of my cars is a process of trial and error. I have been through 4-5 different exhaust systems, 5 different intakes, two different rear motor mounts, etc. etc. etc. I want what I want, how I want it, and I acknowledge that there is no "one size fits all". I will post my personal experience with a 2j intake and their "support" below. The TL;DR would be - you get what you pay for, and every tool has it's job. Beyond that, it saddens me to see all the mud slinging and impotent, infantile prattling and accusations bandied about. Grow up and use your words like the grownups you are.

My personal experience
I liked the sound, intake temps were cooler. After I received the part, I called and emailed 2jr to ask if there were any sort of instructions. Never received the slightest response. After installing based on patched together forum posts and youtube videos, the routing of the lines for my 2017 were still a mystery as I believe I was an early adopter. No matter how I tried to route the intake and seat the filter, it always squeaked and buzzed. Tried again to call and email. No responses. Then I started getting check engine lights. I emailed, and tried to call to see if it was normal, or if I should try to do something. Spoke to a lady at their phone number - she didn't know, said she'd have someone call me back. Nobody ever did. I removed the intake because the buzzing and squeaking made me uncomfortable, each squeak or buzz was a "wear" point, and I didn't want to have to worry about rubbing through something important or rubbing through the intake and introducing dirty air or metal shavings, so I took the 2j off. I tried one last time to email and call, with no responses. When I recently moved, I threw the spare cowl I had ordered and the 2j intake into the trash. I would rather they charge twice as much and provide some semblance of installation instructions and support, because the experience turned me off of the company completely. I am not a cost sensitive person, the couple hundred dollars I spent on the intake were inconsequential to me - but I am a *value* sensitive person, and there was no value to what I spent. Teenager me would have been stoked on the sounds of the 2j intake, but adult me has to look at how poorly it fit and how poorly it was supported, and acknowledge that teenager me was a dumbass.

My opinion
The product would install easier and fit better if they split it in half with a silicone joiner in the middle, or simply retooled to make the pipe section out of silicone hose instead, so it wasn't buzzing against the car. I guess it's fine for a race car, and they advertise it as such, but for a normal, every day car - it's a poorly supported, ill-fitting piece of kit that one should think long and hard before purchasing. You get what you pay for most of the time, and in this case what you get is maybe not the best quality in the world. Every tool has a purpose - the 2j intake is probably great for track use and appears to be what it's intended for. Putting the 2j onto a daily driver is kinda like using a screwdriver as a hammer - it'll probably work but it's not the ideal tool for the job.

Food for thought
Personally, I take umbrage with the lack of responses and support from the vendor, but then again the intake is super cheap, so I guess I got what I pay for. I'm used to a much higher grade of customer service with products I purchase, but I also generally pay a lot more. I wouldn't say don't buy it, or do buy it, but I would say - research it, talk to some people that have owned it for a while (so the honeymoon is over) and form an opinion from that. Don't purchase *anything* while you are lusting for it - that's like going grocery shopping while hungry - just a general bad idea. They desperately need a factory "how to install this thing" guide or video. Like, today, if they are going to sell it to the public, because some of the stuff you can fuck up while installing it is expensive and potentially catastrophic (straining the harness/plug on the sensor behind the engine that the pipe rubs on if you aren't careful and unplug it first).

Last edited:

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I love you buddy. I certainly understand concern about keeping people from getting ripped off. I just don’t believe 2J’s doing that. Hopefully I am right. I don’t understand why the other guy attacked me for sharing my first hand experience though. I’m just sharing another opinion.
They charge "not very much" and deliver "not very much" - it tracks. I don't like the result, and doubt many do, but you get what you pay for. I don't recommend it for a daily driver - intake noises notwithstanding, it's not a high quality product and there's zero vendor support. It's probably great for a track car, where buzzing noises aren't an issue and fitment issues can be addressed with a mallet - since aesthetics aren't the issue, and the cool intake air is more important than the other factors.

The annoyance for me was simply that it was so close to being great but fell short. That's the bitch of the universe - the closer to perfect something is, the more that little gap between reality and perfection bothers you. Shoes way too big? Try a smaller size. Shoes sliiiiiightly too big, but the next size down is too small? That's frustration! (also, custom made shoes are something everyone should experience once in their lives, but that's beside the point).

Last edited:
So you admit to being a racist, and not a car guy both in the same sentence while trying to avoid answering the question I asked, while redirecting the conversation elsewhere like my name which is totally irrelevant in this situation.

So you admitted to not being a car guy, makes me wonder, what business do you have being on a car enthusiast forum? To fund your reselling operation to fund your racing hobby? To manipulate the youth and seniors who do not have the experience? Sketchy. Wow...
big stinky

OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #47
Who knows if they are or if they aren't. I'm sure time will tell tho. But speaking from personal experience, I've ran into alot of shady companies when it comes to cars (especially the Fiesta). In my opinion, the majority of Fiesta owners are younger guys, guys who don't have an extra $20k to throw at a car that cost $19k, and they want the best that they can afford become they work hard for their money (as we all are). it would be very easy for a company to come in and take advantage of these guys that may or may not have alot of experience in modding cars, I've seen quite a bit of that actually. When was the last time you saw someone bashing a company who makes parts for a McLaren, or a Ferrari? Very seldom.
I thought one of the points for the forums, was to give guys like us a place to talk about our cars, parts, companies and so forth. Sometimes those conversations are bad, but most of the time, they aren't. I'm like every other single guy/gal on here. I work hard for my money, I want good quality and I'm willing to pay for it, and if I pay for it....I'm going to get it, or my money back. I don't like being taken advice of, none of us want/like that feeling. These forums let us avoid those costly trial and error mistakes. We get to hear about the good companies, and the bad companies and we can make our decisions from there....THAT is one of the reasons why I'm in this forum.

These forums let us avoid those costly trial and error mistakes. We get to hear about the good companies, and the bad companies and we can make our decisions from there....THAT is one of the reasons why I'm in this forum.
well said, me too. My car is practically built by all of you

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Who knows if they are or if they aren't. I'm sure time will tell tho. But speaking from personal experience, I've ran into alot of shady companies when it comes to cars (especially the Fiesta). In my opinion, the majority of Fiesta owners are younger guys, guys who don't have an extra $20k to throw at a car that cost $19k, and they want the best that they can afford become they work hard for their money (as we all are). it would be very easy for a company to come in and take advantage of these guys that may or may not have alot of experience in modding cars, I've seen quite a bit of that actually. When was the last time you saw someone bashing a company who makes parts for a McLaren, or a Ferrari? Very seldom.
I thought one of the points for the forums, was to give guys like us a place to talk about our cars, parts, companies and so forth. Sometimes those conversations are bad, but most of the time, they aren't. I'm like every other single guy/gal on here. I work hard for my money, I want good quality and I'm willing to pay for it, and if I pay for it....I'm going to get it, or my money back. I don't like being taken advice of, none of us want/like that feeling. These forums let us avoid those costly trial and error mistakes. We get to hear about the good companies, and the bad companies and we can make our decisions from there....THAT is one of the reasons why I'm in this forum.
Amen

OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #50
Oh, and as for that other guy attacking you, let it slide my friend. "Water on a ducks back". I know it's hard, I even get caught up sometimes and let things bother me that shouldn't. LOL. It's part of life. The only easy day was yesterday.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Oh, and as for that other guy attacking you, let it slide my friend. "Water on a ducks back". I know it's hard, I even get caught up sometimes and let things bother me that shouldn't. LOL. It's part of life. The only easy day was yesterday.
Oh yeah it’s all good and thanks. I agree with what you said above as well. I was dumb to defend Pumaspeed once here because I had a good experience after a turbo failed. I suppose I might stick to my build thread or just disappear. The irrational attitude, attacks on character and condescending nonsense is ridiculous and I won’t make space for it in my short time on this planet. Even though I got a good laugh..

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Oh yeah it’s all good and thanks. I agree with what you said above as well. I was dumb to defend Pumaspeed once here because I had a good experience after a turbo failed. I suppose I might stick to my build thread or just disappear. The irrational attitude, attacks on character and condescending nonsense is ridiculous and I won’t make space for it in my short time on this planet. Even though I got a good laugh..
I tend to keep it cool on here but I gotta say I do truly enjoy getting people so pissed off they start throwing personal insults at you because they have nothing left to say.