Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

30k miles and tired of the harsh ride

Have you test driven enough to know the suspension is too harsh for you? If so, you could try to find a dealer that supplies Mountune parts and get the springs dealer installed (and warrantied?) as part of your purchase price. ~1 inch lower, but progressive and more comfortable (at least "everyone" says so).

Another option:
1. Get the FiST
2. If the harshness still bothers you, swap down to lightweight 16" (or 15") wheels and tires. Firsthand I can tell you 16" wheels are a significant improvement in ride quality. It is still firm and bouncy, but harshness is reduced (probably not more than swapping to stiffer, progressive springs)
Nooooo, I haven't driven the car yet (shame on me). I'm just the type to obsess and hypothesize to an unreasonable degree while I sit on my hands and save money haha.

But yes, 16s I'm considering as well. My eye was just drawn to Oranges-in-the-rear as a potential first stop because, well, it's dirt cheap and super easy to do. I'll try to keep my speculations down to a dull roar until I actually get some seat time though.

I am currently on Eibach springs and while I find the handling about equal to stock, the ride is worse. I ordered Bilstein coilovers a week ago and am now waiting for Bilstein to drop ship them to me. I'm excited to see how the handling and ride is affected.

I am currently on Eibach springs and while I find the handling about equal to stock, the ride is worse. I ordered Bilstein coilovers a week ago and am now waiting for Bilstein to drop ship them to me. I'm excited to see how the handling and ride is affected.
Once they come in and you have some time on them let me know how they feel. I am debating between these and BC's I had BC's on my neon, and loved them. Bought them for my Dart when i had it, and ended up flooding the motor and trading it on the fiesta so never got to use them, but I keep hearing great things about bilstein, the cheaper price is appealing but scares me.

I almost ordered a set from BC and I've heard nothing but good things about them, but for me it would be overkill. Its my daily driver and will see regular autox use but that's about it so the increased spring rate and adjustability options will not be needed. I've had really good experiences with Bilstein in the past and found them for $735 shipped. I ordered the standard set, not the ST specific part number.

Got ya. The fist is my daily as well, and will not see autox It will see the drag strip 1 or 3 times this year. That is one of the main reason i want the adjustability. I want the comfort ride for daily driving that BC will give, and then when I go to the drag strip. I want to tighten it up. I do not plan on going lower then the stock ride height of the BC's. MI sucks to much to be low, but I ordered a set a 15x8 TD Wheels, and getting some taller wider tires to go with them, I figured the coil overs would just top it off and make the car 100% perfect.

To revive and contribute to this thread, my knock on my '17 FiST is the harsh ride. Having read up on the subject I lined up a set of TD1.2 15x8 rims and some cushy Kuhmos. A big improvement over the noisy and harsh stock Bridgestones. Yet the car was still harsh over the bumps. But on track day? Pretty impressive little car, hanging with 911's. I then bought a set of 17x8 Rota Recce's and some 215/45r17 General sport touring tires. They clear fine, BTW. Smooth and quiet like the 15" rims but slightly firmer, as expected. Then I tried Koni yellows, rear only, set on full soft. This made for a noticeable improvement.
I think I can stop here and enjoy the ride, so to speak:)

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I was going to go Koni Yellows on my 18 but the price of them and springs and non adjustability sent me straight to coilovers. ST XTA made by KW damper design is a Koni design. Koni used to sell the parts to KW.
Its impressive how much smoother the ride is set at 8 out of 16 and is firmly planted and handles great in the twisties.
I still do hear expansion joints on the freeway and feel them. Though the up and down freeway rapid freeway bounce I used to get on semi pounded freeways here, has been drastically reduced oscillation wise.