Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

3rd brake light pulse module GS-100A ( taking one for the team)

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
OK so today there has been quite a few posts on flashing modules for the 3rd brake light(spoiler). Searching eBay I found tons that flash but never stop. This type is not good for traffic and is somewhat illegal. Perfectly fine for the track though. Knowing how much electronics is required for this I figure there has to be an inexpensive alternative. Well I finally cam across the GS-100A. The A in the part number is important without it it flashes forever.

Not really knowing if this will work, seeing the seller sold over 2000 peices, seeing it was $3.50 Canadian free shipping(slow postal service) I ordered one and will test it. If the mustang one fits I will likely also order it as I prefer not to cut if possible. If it does not work I'm out $3.50, you have learned from me and I will order a different one.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m4084.l1313&_nkw=gs-100a

There are many YouTube videos showing the install and the flash. Basically it flashes 4 quick flash, 4 slow flashes and then steady. What it does not have is a smart delay where is you are in stop and go traffic those that have this feature work as when you release the brake and press it within 10 seconds the light goes solid. Not sure I need that but again $3.50 if I do I will get the other modules people have discussed today.

Stay tuned (well wait for the free shipment )

I got this last year and so far has been great. It is fully programable so you can have it however you want. It splices into the factory wiring so it will work on any car. Install took about 20 minutes which included removing the break light, wing, and programming. Well worth $20 imo.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FADDOL4/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_kT7WxbQ09PDMK

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
I got this last year and so far has been great. It is fully programable so you can have it however you want. It splices into the factory wiring so it will work on any car. Install took about 20 minutes which included removing the break light, wing, and programming. Well worth $20 imo.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FADDOL4/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_kT7WxbQ09PDMK

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Good to have options.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Well it came in and wow for $3 Canadian I am very happy. Here is the video and I will post pictures of the install later. He only thing this unit does not do is go straight to solid if you repeat push the pedal. Meaning every pedal press it flashes the sequence. Other units will go straight to solid if the brake pedal is repressed with in 10 seconds.

[video=youtube;qP9T4YctZJw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP9T4YctZJw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Wiring for the GS-100A

The wiring for the unit is very straight forward. Simply cut the light cable(which is very short and difficult to get the crimper in place but doable). and wire the module in series. It has an IN and an OUT. I chose to use some bullet connectors allowing the module to be replaced or the set-up to return to stock very easily. Once it is all wired everything tucks in. The unit does come with tape but I did not use it.

20160909_180126.jpg

20160909_180656.jpg

20160909_181001.jpg

20160909_182005.jpg

This is the light attached without the flasher unit. With the bullet connectors it makes it very easy to replace it. Make sure to push the connectors tight together
20160909_181922.jpg

20160909_182042.jpg

20160909_182050.jpg

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
What Guage is the wire?
18. The plug I used are for 18-22 red and 14-16 blue. For the blue I stripped enough on the module wires to double back on itself. On the harness I could not but used the smaller crimp hole and the are secure.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did anyone ever see if they could find the female and male connectors to make this a plug and play affair?

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Did anyone ever see if they could find the female and male connectors to make this a plug and play affair?
I'm trying to source that via digikey and other online electronic component suppliers but not finding anything thus far.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Does Ford sell the pigtail? I haven't even looked at the connector yet. Is there any similarities with any other sensors or switches to match it up...ie temp sensors....headlights...etc.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Does Ford sell the pigtail? I haven't even looked at the connector yet. Is there any similarities with any other sensors or switches to match it up...ie temp sensors....headlights...etc.
They sell a harness only. The female is molded into the brake light.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
Now funny enough I came home and had a package (actually that is quite standard) it had a connector I ordered guessing it would fit. Quick test it does work onto the light assembly but requires some modification to the receptacle from the harness. I may have time this weekend while eating too much turkey ( Canadian Thanksgiving) to get some thing modified and see if it could work. Stay tuned.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Link? I was going to take my light out and see if i could fine a connector at work with all the pigtails and connectors from Cummins.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That looks exactly like some of the connectors we use for gillig and Cummins applications at my work....it gets me thinking.