Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

40 degrees off on timing

Hi everyone,
I was curious if anyone has experienced this before. 2015 ST with 47k miles is off by 40 degrees. I am not sure if it’s intake or exhaust side yet. Here is the history. Purchased the car from a fellow member in September with a Whoosh Hybrid turbo. I had my mechanic install a LSD, larger radiator, oil cooler, new clutch, intake spacer. We also walnut blasted the intake valves and turned the engine by hand to close the valves. Upon start up, the car threw crankshaft sensor code and then cam sensor and then intake solenoid. All those were replaced too. It’s at the local Ford dealer. I’ll keep everyone updated to the root cause of this problem.

OP
A
Thread Starter #2
Ok, it looks at though the cam phaser bolts intake (40 degrees) exhaust (5 degrees) we loose. Not sure if this was because Ford did not assemble it properly or something happened during previous ownership. I guess people should be careful.