Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Injen Exhaust sound clip

Let me first preface this post by emphasizing that you must listen with headphones. The audio is absolutely atrocious on laptop and phone speakers. If you don't have headphones it just sounds flat and raspy. The deep notes and burbles really get picked up when listening with headphones.

The Injen exhaust is paired with the stock downpipe.

(Also sorry about the distracting noise in the background)

https://vimeo.com/119905590

STephen, thanks for making the clip I have been slacking on getting one together. So thanks for doing the work. I love my Injen exhaust only downside is the sound makes me want to drive around revving the engine and generally act like a fool :).

OP
STephen
Thread Starter #3
Happy to help out. I love this exhaust. It really roars in person[cheers]

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thanks for giving us a great video and sound clip. I really like the tone.

CanadianST

This is actually much tamer then i thought it would be. Had an Injen exhaust on my old Mazda6 and that thing was LOUD! Had a nice sound to it but damn it was deafening, This sounds very nice though!

Zissou

Thanks for posting the video. Your car looks and sounds great!

So a couple months down the road, how are you liking the exhaust? Any droning?

So a couple months down the road, how are you liking the exhaust? Any droning?
I'm going to jump in here even though I didn't post the video. I'm still very happy with my Injen exhaust. It doesn't drone and I have even taken a six hour road trip that wasn't bad at all. My only complaint is that the winter was harder on it than I thought it would have been. There is a small amount of surface rust around the welds and on the tip. Nothing that anyone can see unless they are under the vehicle. An exhaust shop told me that it was normal but I guess I thought it was going to stay show quality forever.

OP
STephen
Thread Starter #12
I love this exhaust! I'm still very happy with the sound and highway drone is a non-issue. The only other exhausts I would consider possibly over this one would be COBB's or mountune's. COBB for the sound and mountune because I am an irrational fanboy who loves their stuff. [raceflag]

Zissou

I'm going to jump in here even though I didn't post the video. I'm still very happy with my Injen exhaust. It doesn't drone and I have even taken a six hour road trip that wasn't bad at all. My only complaint is that the winter was harder on it than I thought it would have been. There is a small amount of surface rust around the welds and on the tip. Nothing that anyone can see unless they are under the vehicle. An exhaust shop told me that it was normal but I guess I thought it was going to stay show quality forever.
Yeah actually thank you for jumping in and giving me a review, I should have phrased that as more of an open question. I'm looking for all the knowledge I can get! Bang for buck this exhaust is currently at the top of my list. I was scoping out the MBRP exhaust, but heard a few complains about the drone at 3k rpm.

That's interesting about the rust - I figured it being made of T304 stainless steel would give it the best resistance. Granted who knows what a lesser quality metal would look like.

I see modbargains has 2 options available for tips; rolled and raw. Apart from looks are there differences between the two?

Yeah actually thank you for jumping in and giving me a review, I should have phrased that as more of an open question. I'm looking for all the knowledge I can get! Bang for buck this exhaust is currently at the top of my list. I was scoping out the MBRP exhaust, but heard a few complains about the drone at 3k rpm.

That's interesting about the rust - I figured it being made of T304 stainless steel would give it the best resistance. Granted who knows what a lesser quality metal would look like.

I see modbargains has 2 options available for tips; rolled and raw. Apart from looks are there differences between the two?
I am unfamiliar with the raw end the rolled blue tip looks great and several people have complimented it. Sorry to not be any more help.

So I ordered the Injen exhaust from ModBargains on July 1st and it finally arrived yesterday, I was informed that Injen had to put it together and drop-ship it to me as ModBargains didn't have one in stock at the time (even though their website said it was). I got it with the raw tip which looks much better than the rolled blue tip to me personally, my only issue (and I should have put this together from the picture on their website) is that the inlet side that connects to the downpipe is necked down to a 2.25" inner diameter. ModBargain's site clearly says it's a 3" exhaust, so this was a bit disappointing when I busted out the tape measure and discovered this. Anyway, I'm not planning on going with a bigger turbo for some time (if at all) so I doubt this will have much impact on the amount of exhaust flow from the stock turbo. I am pairing it up with my Mountune down-pipe (which has a 2.5" outlet) and putting it all in next weekend, just figured I'd point this out to anyone who may be considering one for themselves. I imagine they do this to better pair it with the stock down-pipe, much the same way that MBRP did with their exhaust.

Here's the shot from their website so you can see what I'm talking about:
1.jpg