Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

6UL, 15x8, 11.4lb, fit my DIY 11.75" BBK, you can to if you wish I will make it happen

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
I was working in a tight area and twisted the wrong way a bit picking up the tire and wheel to fit it on, I will be OK in a day or so, not that bad but I know when to take it easy, thanks:)

---------------

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
I have new caliper mounts being made, should be ready to pick up next Wednesday, moved the calipers in a tad to clear the 15x8 wheels, hopefully the 15x8 TD wheels will fit over the BBK for those staying with 4x108 bolt pattern, good chance they will:)

All goes well, there will be a 11.75" 6 piston front BBK available before long for either 4x100 or 4x108.

I am working with a BBK company to help make this happen for my needs but also that they can take care of my fellow enthusiasts. It is very nice to be retired and do things for fun and help others even though I would not make a dime from it, spending money on it actually for my part of the deal, I just want to share the fun of cool parts available:)

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
UPDATE!

Confirmed, you will soon be able to order the 11.75" BBK to fit over 15x8, 6ul wheels, final test of new caliper mounts and new stock knuckles completed 21APR16.

There may be a 4x108 wheel that will fit if somebody wants to run that bolt pattern it will also be available.

Also the Enkei RPF1 will fit easily over the 11.75" rotor with the original spec caliper mounts to get more brake torque than what the 15x wheels provide though in reality not going to be a big difference.

I had to bring the caliper in as far as possible so it effectively makes the rotors approx .2" smaller in diameter but you still get the advantage of the thermal mass of the full 11.75" rotor.

I just spent considerable time and $600 to ensure others could get this BBK, my setup worked just fine but I wanted to have it perfected and the results made available so my fellow enthusiasts could get this setup. I am not in the business, just doing it because I want to help others have the best they can get and for a very good price:)

I am rather busy right now so please be a bit patient but I will help anyone asking to sort this out for their particular needs.

Rick

Thanks for the update Rick.
Looking forward to seeing if these will fit over my 15x8 TD Pro Race 1.2
-- Max

I looked and looked but could not find the actual tread width of this tire but found pics of them on a 15x9, I could of done that as it looks like the same stretch as the 225 Rival S tires on my summer wheel and tire setup, this is one of those really wide 225s it seems.

Good news though is by finding the only 15x8 likely to fit over my BBK I can help others that cannot run 15x9's which is everyone on stock rear camber or without flares.
yo what is this setup? those wheels look amazing

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
That is just a picture I found with the 205 NeoGen on 15x9 wheels which are a bit stretched, looking at mine on 8's they are about optimal.

I do not know what those wheels are but they do look great:)

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #29
Update, finally driving the car now after a ton of mods done and more going on.

The Neogen is a very high performance 3 season tire, not likely good in the snow.

Rides great, not to bad on noise, good turn in and feedback, they will be my tires of choice for cold weather, rain on the street and on track.

Brakes clear the 6ul wheels, really close but I have 5mm spacers I have to run with the 225 Rival S on 15x9 so using them for now, I will test the fitmnent on the road without spacers soon.

Update, finally driving the car now after a ton of mods done and more going on.

The Neogen is a very high performance 3 season tire, not likely good in the snow.

Rides great, not to bad on noise, good turn in and feedback, they will be my tires of choice for cold weather, rain on the street and on track.

Brakes clear the 6ul wheels, really close but I have 5mm spacers I have to run with the 225 Rival S on 15x9 so using them for now, I will test the fitmnent on the road without spacers soon.
[MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION],

I have boiled my list of tire choices down to this (in 205/50-15)
Nitto NeoGen
Bridgestone RE-71R
BFG Rival S

The Neogen seems like the best bang for the buck (~$70/ea), with the other tires possibly of higher performance for track days (~$120/ea).

I mostly DD, canyon drives, and 2-3 track days a year. And I am in the San Jose, California area, so little rain and 0 snow.

What would your initial thoughts be?

Have a great weekend!

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
This will be relatively easy to help you with:)

NeoGen will be the slowest and also might wear out quickly on track as would overheat faster, I would not buy them for your intended use where you live.

Rival S is an autocross oriented tire, always ready to go unless cold out then get slipper as a true summer only tire. Great for the street, great for autocross, might overheat to fast on track so better for Time Trail events than HPDE most likely.

RE-71R likely the best overall tire for your needs as great at all things, weak at none, likely last at least as long as the NeoGen but probably hold up far better on HPDE and autocross both and be faster.

I vote for the RE-71R.

I would likely run them instead of the Rival S I have but I needed 225's as run on 9" wide wheels, RE-71R not made in the size I needed.

NOTE: when you look at tire prices the mounting, balancing, fees, taxes, warranties if you get them all add up to close to the same for the lower cost tires and the higher cost tires which evens them out percentage wise more closely. When considering this and how the true summer only tire will do a better job for your needs it is likely the better value besides just being faster.

This will be relatively easy to help you with:)

NeoGen will be the slowest and also might wear out quickly on track as would overheat faster, I would not buy them for your intended use where you live.

Rival S is an autocross oriented tire, always ready to go unless cold out then get slipper as a true summer only tire. Great for the street, great for autocross, might overheat to fast on track so better for Time Trail events than HPDE most likely.

RE-71R likely the best overall tire for your needs as great at all things, weak at none, likely last at least as long as the NeoGen but probably hold up far better on HPDE and autocross both and be faster.

I vote for the RE-71R.

I would likely run them instead of the Rival S I have but I needed 225's as run on 9" wide wheels, RE-71R not made in the size I needed.

NOTE: when you look at tire prices the mounting, balancing, fees, taxes, warranties if you get them all add up to close to the same for the lower cost tires and the higher cost tires which evens them out percentage wise more closely. When considering this and how the true summer only tire will do a better job for your needs it is likely the better value besides just being faster.
Thanks for the input. I still don't have the wheels, so hopefully I can grab ine of those Bridgestone deals in the meantime.

BTW, how did your BBK come out?

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
It worked out great, 11.75" GT rotors under 15x8 wheels, 6 piston calipers, cost me $600 just on the brakes to make it happen the right way though I could of spent $0 and been OK I wanted it perfected but I did it more to make this an option for others to enjoy:)

It worked out great, 11.75" GT rotors under 15x8 wheels, 6 piston calipers, cost me $600 just on the brakes to make it happen the right way though I could of spent $0 and been OK I wanted it perfected but I did it more to make this an option for others to enjoy:)
Looking forward to more details and what the timeline for availability is.

Have a good one.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #35
Just to be clear I am not in the business nor plan to be as want to stay retired, I just want to share what I did for my own use and help others get this if interested:)

PM me and I will let you know who to contact, if this becomes popular they can become a vendor, etc....

I figured out a few more tweaks to the setup and will provide them with it.

Best bet for wheel choices will be going to 4x100 bolt pattern which I was the first I know of and did it with 293 miles on the car, no regrets in the least, all smiles:)

-------------

I have 22 wheels in 4x100 and 14 tires for this car in the RV, going to sell 8 wheels for sure but considering selling all but the 15x8 6UL for the AS NeoGen tires and getting 15x9 and 15x10 6ul for track wheels:)

Or even crazier, 15x11 with 275 track tires up front:)

------------

I am also researching a more hard core track BBK setup for 15" wheels but that takes considerable time and I have no real place to work, most of my tools are in storage, might be to many custom parts, etc.......

Just to be clear I am not in the business nor plan to be as want to stay retired, I just want to share what I did for my own use and help others get this if interested:)

PM me and I will let you know who to contact, if this becomes popular they can become a vendor, etc....

I figured out a few more tweaks to the setup and will provide them with it.

Best bet for wheel choices will be going to 4x100 bolt pattern which I was the first I know of and did it with 293 miles on the car, no regrets in the least, all smiles:)

-------------

I have 22 wheels in 4x100 and 14 tires for this car in the RV, going to sell 8 wheels for sure but considering selling all but the 15x8 6UL for the AS NeoGen tires and getting 15x9 and 15x10 6ul for track wheels:)

Or even crazier, 15x11 with 275 track tires up front:)

------------

I am also researching a more hard core track BBK setup for 15" wheels but that takes considerable time and I have no real place to work, most of my tools are in storage, might be to many custom parts, etc.......
Looking forward to hearing more. I will PM you once I know I am ready to procure a BBK.

Take care!

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
So if someone say had a ST with the willwood brake kit and several sets of 4x108 wheels is there a way to make this set up work ? I only ask because I really want to run some 15s and slicks at the drag strip for the between open track days.
Thanks Raam.

Also great job on the BBK and clearing 15s.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #38
If there is room for the calipers to clear the wheels then yes, it will work with other 15's but the only one I know of for now is the 6UL and a very close fit.

If one can get the technical drawings for there wheels I can likely figure out by comparing a few things and see if it looks like good to go.

Any pictures with the 6ul's mounted? Really want a set of the older style in bronze

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #40
The latest version is flow formed, lighter and stronger, I would stick to them:)

I have some pics with the wheels on my car but not overall view, I forgot to take them then put my summer tires back on with the 15x9 wheels.

There are at least a couple of pics on the forum, seems on this thread if I recall correctly, 64, love hard work, good beer, forget things at times:)