Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

6UL, 15x8, 11.4lb, fit my DIY 11.75" BBK, you can to if you wish I will make it happen

flatout42

[MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION] are there any 15x8 racing wheels with a 4x108 lug pattern?

I dont plan on getting a BBK. Also, does a 15x8 wheel with a 225/45/15 or 225/50/15 tire fit the car with no issues?

Thank You!

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #43
That is correct, TD is the best 15x8 in 4x108 and a good quality wheel though a bit heavy for my taste but not terrible either.

flatout42

That is correct, TD is the best 15x8 in 4x108 and a good quality wheel though a bit heavy for my taste but not terrible either.
just to clarify as im new the forum and still reading everywhere on here. Would a 15x8 and 225 tire fit on the car with no issues?

PCA-1

Team dynamics pro race 1.2

They make a 15x8 but I think they may be special order at this point

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/1248-Pro-Race-Wheels-For-Your-Fiesta-ST-!
Will have some 15x8/4x108/35mm offset w/63.4 hub bore Pro Race 1.2 wheels in Anthracite and Gloss Black in ~3 weeks. They are on the water. Please PM to purchase. Do not want to flood this thread with questions related to sales.

PCA-1

[MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION] , what is the total cost to do the brakes? I am a bit confused.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #47
I have not gotten the total from the company making the kit as they want to go with a different caliper now that I wish would of been done with the BBKs that first came out, the Super Lite. More clearance though the specs made it seem the same it must be in the critical area where all wheels step down on internal diameter closer to the spokes. He is looking for a complete "spindle assembly" in good shape off a wrecked car which will be the knuckle, hub, bearings, etc...

For now the 11.75, Dynapro set can be ordered, they are not a vendor here yet, racingbrakes.com, tell them Rick McCallum, RAAMaudio sent you.
With the 11.75" GT rotors this is a very solid track ready brake kit, race ready with cooling.

Not sure who got the idea first but I spent a ton of time and money getting the first setup I made to fit the 6ul wheels, I should of started over with the Super Lite which I was working on that long we before we talked about it, Brian at RB thinks he can fit the 12.19 rotors under 15's with the SL caliper, if that happens I will have a new BBK once he has it worked out, my car needs all the brakes it can get as it is very fast on track:)

--------------

I am very glad you are getting more of the 15x8 TDs in stock soon, the very best option for those staying with 4x108 and the BBK could be made for either or both bolt patterns, 4x100 and 4x108.

PCA-1

I have not gotten the total from the company making the kit as they want to go with a different caliper now that I wish would of been done with the BBKs that first came out, the Super Lite. More clearance though the specs made it seem the same it must be in the critical area where all wheels step down on internal diameter closer to the spokes. He is looking for a complete "spindle assembly" in good shape off a wrecked car which will be the knuckle, hub, bearings, etc...

For now the 11.75, Dynapro set can be ordered, they are not a vendor here yet, racingbrakes.com, tell them Rick McCallum, RAAMaudio sent you.
With the 11.75" GT rotors this is a very solid track ready brake kit, race ready with cooling.

Not sure who got the idea first but I spent a ton of time and money getting the first setup I made to fit the 6ul wheels, I should of started over with the Super Lite which I was working on that long we before we talked about it, Brian at RB thinks he can fit the 12.19 rotors under 15's with the SL caliper, if that happens I will have a new BBK once he has it worked out, my car needs all the brakes it can get as it is very fast on track:)

--------------

I am very glad you are getting more of the 15x8 TDs in stock soon, the very best option for those staying with 4x108 and the BBK could be made for either or both bolt patterns, 4x100 and 4x108.
Understood. To clarify, the calipers have changed. Are they still 6 pots?

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #49
Sorry for the wait, not back on the computer until just now.

Staying with the 6 piston calipers, better for the track, more even braking, pad wear etc.

The Dynapro comes with .49" thick pads which are on the thin side, the SL comes with .65" which obviously longer pad life so fewer changes needed and they cost a bit less overall to run.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The racingbrake,com kit is very different from the actual 6 piston kit that Wilwood markets for these cars? (Rotor differences, less pad width, must use their rotors, etc.??)

Also, is there ANY chance that 6ul will EVER offer any (let alone their 15 x 8) wheels for these cars in our factory 4 x 108 bp???? (I do NOT want to bother changing out hubs!)

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #51
Sorry for the delay, took a break from the car, computers, etc, family and doggie time.

Brian at Racingbrake has not developed the kit yet, once he gets a couple of other projects done he expects to start on this one in a couple of months or so. He is planning to use the Wilwood Superlight caliper that uses thicker pads, optional rotors, rotor hats are available in 4x100 and 4x108 so he should be able to offer both and hopefully they will fit under the 15x8 TD wheels and others that come in 4x108.

There are some very low cost, around $40 rotor rings and the GTs are a bit over $100 which should be used for track cars or cars wanting the longer rotor life and added mass, better materials, etc but many race on the low cost rotors. Not likely to find other rotors that fit but if so they might not be the same low cost, etc.....I have had great luck with GTs's on a few cars now.

There was talk about 6ul making a batch of 1x108 wheels for us but the minimum was 50 sets I believe, that is a big group buy to organize.
I can talk to Emilio about it unless our member here wants to post up, etc, I will wait to see if he responds first. GB of that size, fitting into a production schedule, shipping, etc...can take considerable time to get done, months most likely. It might be better to gather a list of those interested and talk to one of the bigger parts sellers to see if they can be convinced to order up the batch.

4x100 conversion is by far much less to deal with and far faster.

There are two options on doing the 4x100 conversion on the car now, one done recently, I believe it took 8 hours of pretty serious work but was very low cost, the other is from a vendor, Gun_Runner and he is going to make a set and get some pics up here. From my conversations with him I believe it will be a better way to go, a lot less work only have to bolt them to each hub once instead of 4 or was it 8 times for the other one, a better design, costs more but still quite reasonable, I am looking forward to seeing it.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #52
For those wanting 16x8 low weight flow formed wheels Goodwin Racing is in the process of having the Advanti Storm made in that size, 7,8,9" wide and I believe all in good offsets, I know the one I was happy to hear about was the 16x8 for those wanting them. They will be very good wheels and very affordable at around $159 each but there is no timeline yet, I asked a week or two ago, only 4x100 will be made.

Here is the 17x8, ET45, 16.8 lbs, $219 each (17's are just to tall to be optimal for this car)

The 15x8 version does not come in a proper offset at ET25, only weighs 11lbs, costs $135, so the 16x8 will likely be in the middle of the two price and weights of the 15 and the 17.

The Enkei 16x8 RPF1 easily fits over my 11.75" BBK but would not fit over the standard WW kit 12.19 rotors but in real world use not a big difference in performance. The FB kit might just fit over those wheels though, 14.8lbs, flow formed, $219 each, again just 4x100.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
When you say "GT" rotor rings, are these the actual Wilwood rings, or someone elses (Hawk, Afco, Brembo, Alcon, PF, etc.)??

Also, will the Wilwood 12.19 rotor size kit (the one I was asking about), fit under ALL of the 16 x 8s out there?

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #54
Wilwood GT Rotors, I like the slotted ones, heavier castings, better metal, tighter maching tolerance than their low cost rotors which are an outstanding value for racers they work for and change rotors often for my car I paid the extra for front and rear GT's.

I do not know if anyone makes rings that bolt up to the particular WW hats used on the standard Fiesta kit or what Brian or another BBK company might decide to use, for now, the hats used have an 8x7" bolt circle, .81" thick.

(I have taken a very in depth look into running thicker rotors and likely could but would have to trim a bit off the control arm ends which should not be an issue, a BBK company is not likely to offer a kit requiring it.)

I left out the size on the RPF1, 16x8, 12.19 WW kit will not fit over them and there are no other 16x8 right now I know of except super expensive, hard to get, no spares in the US....one of our guys has them and they are damn nice but just to much money to me now that flow formed wheels, which have proven on hundreds of race cars to be nearly if not as strong for 1/3 or less the cost.....

The Rota Slipstreams in 16x8, 4x100 are decent wheels but not flow formed and cost as much as flow formed ones that will be coming out and are taking a long time to get done it seems.

--------------

We have a really cool car with a really stupid bolt pattern and not enough room, gearing is wrong, etc for wide 17's so the rubber band ones we can get ride like a brick.....not many good wheels made in 16's more in 15's, hardly any good choices if you want to optimize the handling of the car.

I did the first 4x100 conversion I know of with just 293 miles on the car, only 5 miles by me, I knew if I wanted great wheels for a great cost that I had to do it so just bit the bullet and did it and considerable cost and time but it has been hugely worth it. Now that you can do it on the car for a very good price, I think the G_R will end up being the way to go, I would not consider anything else but the conversion.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So, 17s MUST BE USED to fit over the Wilwood sold (12.19" rotor size) kit?

I know you HATE HATE HATE 17s, but if I was set on them, could I do much better than the TD Pros in that diameter, considering weight vs. price vs. strength??

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #56
Brian at FB is going to see if he can fit the SL caliper with 12.19 rotors under the 15x8 6UL but from my experience I do not think it will quite work out but close so it might happen, we need 2mm of space to allow for flex.

I do not hate 17's, I ran 18s on my last race car project that weighed 2300lbs, 600 WHP, but I could fit 10.5" wheels and wide slicks on them over really big brakes and the tires worked best for the application in 18 as more were made to pick from, I was in the process of going to 12.5" rear wheels though as well)

The problem with this car when driven on the streets there just are not many options in 17's that fit under the fenders and none have enough sidewall to make the ride decent, they add more weight, etc...simply the physical aspects of the car...

I have 22 wheels for the car at the moment, selling 8 wheels as no longer needed. Ten 15x9, flow formed, 13.4 lbs, $1240 shipped! Six 225/45/15 RA1 race tires, four 225/45/15 Rival S that stick like a race tire for my summer tires and then four 15x8 6ul, 11.4lbs, 205/50/15 very stick NeoGen AS tires for the cold and rain. All cheap, low weight which improves every aspect of performance, better ride, less wear on the chassis...I am considering a change and selling off the 15x9's Helix and going 15x9 6UL in the rear and 15x10 6UL up front for my track setup with 245 race tires or getting some fenders to flare out and put 15x11 up front with 275 race tires but a fair amount of work to swap for track days.

------------

Do some searching, not much made in 17x8, 8.5 might fit with the right offset in the rear, in 4x108, low weight, low cost, then look at tires to optimize the wheel width and use real specs as sidewall specs mean very little, real specs are all over the place no matter what the sidewalls say.

Then look at cost per wheel and per tire, actual weight of each....there is a huge gain in lowering unsprung weight and far more in rotational mass.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
For those wanting 16x8 low weight flow formed wheels Goodwin Racing is in the process of having the Advanti Storm made in that size, 7,8,9" wide and I believe all in good offsets, I know the one I was happy to hear about was the 16x8 for those wanting them. They will be very good wheels and very affordable at around $159 each but there is no timeline yet, I asked a week or two ago, only 4x100 will be made.

Here is the 17x8, ET45, 16.8 lbs, $219 each (17's are just to tall to be optimal for this car)

According to Advanti themselves (just got off of the phone with them), the above is NOT going to happen at all, unless someone comes up with a group buy of 400+ sets ordered. :(

Now, if Goodwin knows something that the actual company reps do not, that is another story. [dunno]

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #59
I was at Goodwin when they were deciding the final sizes, offsets and colors for the 16x7,8 and 9" Storm back in Jan or so, I talked to them a few weeks back to see if they had an ETA yet but no word on it. I will contact them again, they are the largest seller of wide 4x100 flow formed wheels in the country so I would expect they are still having them made:)

According to Advanti themselves (just got off of the phone with them), the above is NOT going to happen at all, unless someone comes up with a group buy of 400+ sets ordered. :(

Now, if Goodwin knows something that the actual company reps do not, that is another story. [dunno]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I was at Goodwin when they were deciding the final sizes, offsets and colors for the 16x7,8 and 9" Storm back in Jan or so, I talked to them a few weeks back to see if they had an ETA yet but no word on it. I will contact them again, they are the largest seller of wide 4x100 flow formed wheels in the country so I would expect they are still having them made:)

Does Advanti make up exclusive orders for individual resellers/distributors which are NOT available to the public through other distributors?

Maybe those Advanti reps were not allowed to tell me those wheels were bring made, and just were required to tell me never a chance? [???:)]

I understand now WHY you converted to the 4x100 hubs, but, it SHOULD NOT BE THIS MUCH of a struggle to get good, light, aftermarket 16x8 wheels for these cars (and I can't stand the looks of the Rota Slipstreams, at all), in a variety of diameters/widths/colors styles, in the FACTORY PCD/offset!! [nono] [mad]