Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boost Loss out of nowhere.

Alright, I went and did google searches, forum searches, reddit searches, blah blah blah.

So yes I have done some research and tried to see if anyone had my same issue.
While some people did indeed share many SIMILAR issues, no one had my exact problem that I could see.

My issue is that I was driving to work today. Everything was working as usual and I was giving it the gas as I always do. My problem was while driving halfway to work, sometime during the drive something went wrong and I lost 15-18 pounds of boost. I hit the gas and I didn;t have any power, it's as though I'm rocking an NA Fiesta. It's terrible. I want my turbo working properly again.

To clarify, I have no lost all my boost. I have between 5-7 pounds of boost at WOT during all gears. No CEL. I did not hear any loud pops or bangs beforehand. There was nothing. It just happened.

I had my dad pick up my car and trade me his for the day. Tomorrow when I wake up first thing in the morning I'm gonna do is some recording for my OCC installation (Damond Motorsport OCC) and jack up my car and see WTF happened.

My first visual inspections showed nothing out of the ordinary. Boost hoses seemed to be intact, Intake junk was all plugged in, no cables were falling out or connectors broken.
I suspect a vacuum leak somewhere. I'm going to dick around with the Symposer delete parts and area, after that I'm moving on to the Boomba BOV adapter (the O ring had a flat spot last time I checked), after that I'll plop it back into stock tune to be sure.

Mods:
Boomba Racing BOV adapter
Boomba racing Symposer delete
Cobb Catback
Coob stage 1 tune
Injen Ram Intake
Soon to be Damond Motorsports OCC

I'll report back but in the meantime any other heads that could chime in for what they think it could be would be appreciated.

koozy

3000 Post Club
seems like you triggered the "eco" map on slot 2. have you pushed any of the buttons on the cruise control stalk lately?

twolf

Almost definitely what Koozy said. The new Cobb update has my car switching maps when it shouldn't.

It's supposed to only change maps when cruise is OFF and you press the CAN/RES button and then IMMEDIATELY press the +/- buttons.

However, mine will change maps when I have cruise ON and ENGAGED and try to change speed via the buttons. It's really, really annoying because it switches between my 93 and e30 map, which is bad for obvious reasons.

Almost definitely what Koozy said. The new Cobb update has my car switching maps when it shouldn't.

It's supposed to only change maps when cruise is OFF and you press the CAN/RES button and then IMMEDIATELY press the +/- buttons.

However, mine will change maps when I have cruise ON and ENGAGED and try to change speed via the buttons. It's really, really annoying because it switches between my 93 and e30 map, which is bad for obvious reasons.
Open your ATR now and run the updates. Open your map in new ATR and save it. Then save it to AP and flash it to the car. Cobb fixed the cruise/map switching menu problem. I verified it works correctly today.

Cobb also added a new toggle for brake boost override.

Been there, done that. Didn't even know my AP3 had the valet tune till I accidentally activated it by setting cruise control on a long trip. Boom, instant 4.9psi max. Lots of cursing till I figured out that "feature".

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Been there, done that. Didn't even know my AP3 had the valet tune till I accidentally activated it by setting cruise control on a long trip. Boom, instant 4.9psi max. Lots of cursing till I figured out that "feature".
You're talking about Eco-mode, valet is a completely separate tune that has to be loaded.

OP
S
Thread Starter #8
So yeah...I went and took your advice and hit "cancel" then " - "

My car is back to full boost.

I felt like a stupid.
I didn't even know that was a thing that could happen! I thought that to do the other tunes you had to manually do it with the AP. Well, now I know and thanks for replying. You guys saved me a headache of a whole day of trying to figure this out.