Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

A few nooby questions

Hi All
Just trying to kill some time as I await for COBB's FMIC manufacturer to output my part. Then
it's base model to stage 2 time - can't wait.

Question 1: Does adding HP and torque mess up the traction control? More power =
more wheel spin = more TC kicking in, no? Or do you just run it disabled all of the time?

Question 2: ESP on by default is backwards to me. It should be off and something you
turn on in the rain/snow. I come from old, no-tech car era. Is there a
way to program ESP to be off by default? My last car had a one push button, the holding
down for 5 seconds is slightly annoying.

Cheers

You can always just hit the button once and it puts it in sport mode. But theres no way of turning it off and then on atleast by my knowledge.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
There's two stages: just pushing it gives you Sport mode and holding it for 5 seconds completely turns it off.

It explains it in the ST manual that came with the car.

And to answer your first question, yes. If you keep the traction control on (like it is when you're just starting the car) and try a WOT run the car will stop delivering power and almost act like it's bogged out. But if you do one of the two options as stated above you will set and spin or grab and go, depending on your wheel/tire specs.

OP
C
Thread Starter #4
There's two stages: just pushing it gives you Sport mode and holding it for 5 seconds completely turns it off.

It explains it in the ST manual that came with the car.
I'm aware of that. All I'm saying is that it would be cool to be able to program it off by default or off by one button press as I'm not a fan of a car controlling my inputs.