Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Selling my ST--a few questions...

While I like my ST a lot and I appreciate its "bang for the buck" in terms of performance, it has never given me the driving pleasure of the miata I had previously, and I want another one. I guess I miss the drop top way more than I thought I would. Anyway, beyond using craigslist to sell daily drivers, I don't have any experience with selling vehicles worth more than 5K. My car is mostly a weekend driver (2017 with 23K miles), all stock, free of any dings or dents except for some curb rash, and driven by a "mature" driver (59).
1. Does KBB give accurate valuation for a cars like this? Or is there a better alternative for valuation?
2. I guess I'm behind the times as it seems like craigslist is no longer the main place to advertise a car for sale. What platforms are the best options now?
3. Are there any specialized publications that might be good places to advertise it (autocross forums, etc.???). I live in the metro Atlanta area.
4. Is it even worth it to sell a car like this privately, or should I just sell it to carmax or something? I have a lots of experience selling daily drivers and beater trucks, but I've never sold a newer vehicle with low miles privately.

Thank you for your insights!

1. Use a combination of KBB, NADA, Edmunds AND local listings to figure out what a baseline point may be. Adjust accordingly for personal reasons. ex, adjust price lower if you want a fast sell, higher if you feel it’s a better FiST than the others, etc.

- I still like Craigslist. They do charge now for listing cars (I think like $5), but I think it’s worth it.

-FB marketplace is much more popular now, however in my experience there’s a lot of seriously stupid individuals you have to filter through, it was borderline frustrating. You can try more targeted FB groups like local Ford, Fiesta, RS/ST pages and probably have better luck.

-Third would be this site or other Ford/Fiesta/Autocross Forums/Websites.

3. See above

4. That’s up to you. I’d imagine the process would be the same as selling old dailies and beaters, however since it’s newer, you might have to work with a bank as well. Some people don’t like that stuff at all, so they’d rather just sell it to carmax or carvana, or they just trade it in.

Get a quote through Carvana/Bidlane,you'd be surprised what they offer you currentely..
This! I sold a 2018 Focus SE to Carvana a few months ago and it was 100% awesome. They paid as much as or more than a private party would, more than I hoped to get, and even picked it up. The whole process was SO easy. I know this probably sounds like a commercial but I only smack talked Carvana prior to selling them my Focus. Now I know why buying from them is so expensive though! :p

OP
R
Thread Starter #5
OK guys, thanks. I will check these options out. I did get a carmax bid and it seemed kind of low, but I will check out carvana.

OK guys, thanks. I will check these options out. I did get a carmax bid and it seemed kind of low, but I will check out carvana.
FWIW, Carvana was a couple thousand more than the others like Carmax for me at the time. I know offer prices are always fluctuating too.

Yeah, just got a Carvana estimate for my 2017 ST with 20k on the clock for $1,000 more than I paid for it brand new...lol
Kind of makes me feel weird... It's like, hmm do I sell it and get something else while I'm ahead and then realize you'll probably regret doing it and not like the replacement vehicle as much.

haste

1000 Post Club
Kind of makes me feel weird... It's like, hmm do I sell it and get something else while I'm ahead and then realize you'll probably regret doing it and not like the replacement vehicle as much.
Yeah I hear you. I'm in a different situation though and luckily I'll still have a FiST after selling this one. Life circumstances have changed for me and two FiSTs won't work.

Planning on pulling the trigger selling it on carvana soon. I'll post in here when the transaction is complete

OP
R
Thread Starter #11
Yeah you guys were right about Carvana. I am so glad I posted here! They offered me $969 less than I paid OTD brand new in 2017. My FIST was a base model with 24K on the clock. The money is already in my bank, but the car is still sitting in my driveway as they have not picked it up yet. When it was my car I would have never left it in the driveway in my neighborhood.

Yeah you guys were right about Carvana. I am so glad I posted here! They offered me $969 less than I paid OTD brand new in 2017. My FIST was a base model with 24K on the clock. The money is already in my bank, but the car is still sitting in my driveway as they have not picked it up yet. When it was my car I would have never left it in the driveway in my neighborhood.
Happy to help...tips are welcome via Paypal. :D