Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

a nostalgia retro looking seat for my ST?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Know any vegans?
I can now usually smell them if they are in the room courtesy of my old roommate who was and had the most God awful smelling farts I have ever encountered. Period *

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

What is vegan leather?
Vegan leather is leather-like material produced in a way where no animals are directly exploited in the creation process.

The very nature of the term “vegan leather” is an oxymoron, much like vegan sausage or vegan beef. But I understand why it’s used as it’s a term that easily describes a non-animal variant of products we’re familiar with.

Vegan leather is also known as faux leather, pleather, alternative leather and synthetic leather.

Those seats will be hot as hell in the summer...just saying
It's called Naugahyde. Been around about 100 years...it's basically rubber imitation plastic leather. It used to be on everything in sight that resembled a seat, a bag, a dashboard, or anything else that could look like leather that you couldn't afford in leather. No Naugas were killed to make this handbag! Showing my age....

Dpro

6000 Post Club
It's called Naugahyde. Been around about 100 years...it's basically rubber imitation plastic leather. It used to be on everything in sight that resembled a seat, a bag, a dashboard, or anything else that could look like leather that you couldn't afford in leather. No Naugas were killed to make this handbag! Showing my age....
yes you are :LOL:

Poor Naugas... lol

Attachments

ronmcdon

Im with DPRO here with the safety concerns. Even if you're not worried about insurance claims or taking the car to the track, its probably not something you want to leave to chance in case of a collision.

I imagine recaro or sparco or even omp would have some half decent retro looking seats. This is one of the things I would be cautious about.

but yeah the non-recaro stock seats suck. terrible looking and barely any bolstering to hold one in. If I wasn't broke would totally get a reclinable recaro sr7 drivers seat.

OP
LiLfieSTa
Thread Starter #28
thanks for the chuckles but i looked waaayyyy past the vegan leather portion(although im not a fan of any type of leather in the heat) and directly to the look of the seat MAINLY because the colors and the retroness of it . S30 and GT fans stand up.

I currently have their prisma buckets installed and definitely already voided x y and z along with the airbag relay that had to go with it.
SO... this seat for me would just be purely an aesthetic change should I decide to.

This is definitely going on my sim rig tho.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I'm actually selling a unicorn right now, it's a JDM Recaro Confetti in 9/10 shape. Have it on FB marketplace and will be on eBay soon if it doesn't sell locally. If you want retro this is the ultimate.

jeff

2000 Post Club
oh wow nice! have the same exact seat on my 240sx.
great choice. wish I were local
Thanks....you know about these then....tell me what you think it's worth on the used market these days. Trying to judge what I'll let it go for, your opinion would help.

ronmcdon

I purchased mine for about 400 but that was close to 12 years ago. doesnt hurt to ask for 5-600 before shipping and get best offer you’re comfortable with

jeff

2000 Post Club
I purchased mine for about 400 but that was close to 12 years ago. doesnt hurt to ask for 5-600 before shipping and get best offer you’re comfortable with
Check eBay's "sold" listings for recaro confetti....you'll be shocked what they sell for now.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I'm actually selling a unicorn right now, it's a JDM Recaro Confetti in 9/10 shape. Have it on FB marketplace and will be on eBay soon if it doesn't sell locally. If you want retro this is the ultimate.

How much? That thing is beautiful. I'd turn it into an office chair.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I dunno man....one just sold last month on eBay for $1600 shipped...I'm taking offers....office chair, no, this thing needs to be on a track in somebody's car...
Dang ok that makes sense. If I had a car worthy of it I'd still be interested in it.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Dang ok that makes sense. If I had a car worthy of it I'd still be interested in it.
It came with my CR-X but I wanted OEM so I found a mint OEM seat (feels like a kitchen chair in comparison to the Recaro tbh) and swapped it in. So the Recaro will pay for all the parts/mods I ordered....

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
It came with my CR-X but I wanted OEM so I found a mint OEM seat (feels like a kitchen chair in comparison to the Recaro tbh) and swapped it in. So the Recaro will pay for all the parts/mods I ordered....
Yeah I would have done the same thing. That Recaros belongs in a RHD Evo or maybe rx7 or R32.

OP
LiLfieSTa
Thread Starter #39

beauty of a seat