Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

A Used 2014 FiST listed for $18k

Hi,

I've been watching this forum for a while and finally decided to register for the first time. I was/am especially interested in the FiST deal out there in the market.

Here in my state, it's just tough to find one let along a good deal. I know because I tried. It's just amazing some of you guys could find a good deal like $20k otd or less for a new 2015 base model.

Anyway, there is a dealer in my state has a 2014 used FiST with 21k miles for $18k listed. The car has the Recaro and Nav. However, according to the CARFAX, it was a corporate fleet vehicle registered in Michigan during its first 21k miles which makes me wonder it's an ecoboost challenge car. According to the dealer, the car was just certified (which is always good) with new brakes all around (because ecoboost challenge??). What do you think about the deal in this case?

Non-Recaro Performance Blue w/Nav, Dark Gray Rado's and Roof here in KC for $19,998. I've driven it. It's nice.

*not affiliated

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
Was that new or used? If new, see, that's the problem here in the Northeast. Dealers are cocky like hell. The most I could get them to is invoice, minus whatever the rebates. Same for FiST and FoST. There are just too few available around me.

Was that new or used? If new, see, that's the problem here in the Northeast. Dealers are cocky like hell. The most I could get them to is invoice, minus whatever the rebates. Same for FiST and FoST. There are just too few available around me.
Used. At a local dealer. Was owned by a member of the KCST club. It's been there for 4 months (weird) so they'd budge on price for sure.

There just aren't many FiST's total.

OP
S
Thread Starter #8
totally agree. there are just too few FiSTs. general public doesnt like small cars anymore because of the cheap gasoline.
So, it seems like $18k is not too bad of a price to start with for a 14' with recaro and nav. the only thing i dont like is the "corporate fleet" history.

maybe it's worth my time to check it out?

I did try to cross shop new civic si but same story. no good deal (so far $23.3k and $24k otd !!!) considering it's end of the last model year closeout.

Call Ford and give them the vin. They will tell you if they used it for promo use.

There were some really good deal on FiST's around DC (NorthVA/SouthMD) when I was looking last November. You might need to expand your search radius, contact a ton of dealerships for a quote, and then shop that quote around some of your local dealers to get what you want.

OP
S
Thread Starter #12
thanks all for the help. i am going to check out the $18k FiST tomorrow. The dealer happens to have a 15 FoST ST1(w/ roof only) and a 14 FoST ST3 loaded. I'll check prices for both them too.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The other problem with buying a used car from a dealer is the interest rate.
If of course you qualify, you can always get a lower rate on a new car.
So in the long run even though a used car is cheaper you still pay more for it.

This has been my experience over the years.
I am sure others will have different stories.

Dave

Dave
Sometimes ford runs 0% on new cars... My friend somehow convinced ford to give it to him and it was his first loan ever. No credit history. I've managed 1.79% on a used car. Good, not excellent credit.

Regardless, your right though. Figured interest payments into the final prices if it comes down to it...

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I'm in NJ got my 2015 base fist at invoice + incentives. Couldn't get them any lower. 20k otd

Why not go new? You wouldn't be paying too much more and there will probably be some good incentives on the 2015's at this point.

9th gen civic si is a joke stay away

I bought a loaded green FiST with 13k miles for 18995. At 50 miles it way, it was the closest. The next closest was 200 miles away.

Dave
My interest rate was 2.9% for 60 months through Ford. A new car gets you 1.9 for 60, and 1% means jack shit. It's like 3 dollars a month if you finance the whole thing. I financed 5400, so 1% was like 20 cents.

MPA

We don't have many used FiSTs here in the Midwest. None of them have the Recaros, which puts them on the "do not want" list for me.

These are the only 4 on AutoTrader within 250 miles of me.
'14 w/ 21k for $18,988 (sunroof)
'15 CPO w/ 8k for $18,999 (no extras)
'14 CPO w/ 15k for $19,996 (Rado wheels, Nav)
'14 w/ 4.5k for $19,995 (no extras)

Even new, there's only 1 Recaro car (black) in the area. If I liked black, I'd have a car already.

Mine was a Ford-registered corporate vehicle in Detroit. It was registered way back in June 2013. It had 200 miles on it when it was transferred to the dealership I bought it from. I purchased it for just a hair more than 18k.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Hi,

I've been watching this forum for a while and finally decided to register for the first time. I was/am especially interested in the FiST deal out there in the market.

Here in my state, it's just tough to find one let along a good deal. I know because I tried. It's just amazing some of you guys could find a good deal like $20k otd or less for a new 2015 base model.

Anyway, there is a dealer in my state has a 2014 used FiST with 21k miles for $18k listed. The car has the Recaro and Nav. However, according to the CARFAX, it was a corporate fleet vehicle registered in Michigan during its first 21k miles which makes me wonder it's an ecoboost challenge car. According to the dealer, the car was just certified (which is always good) with new brakes all around (because ecoboost challenge??). What do you think about the deal in this case?
Heck ill sell you my fully equipped tux black with 15k miles and it has stage one mods with some extras for 18k