Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AC compressor went to crapola...need help.

Hey yall! So AC compressor sounded like a can of marbles then seized so grabbed another from a wrecker...next question is what else needs to be replaced now? im assuming there are metal shavings that got pushed around the system for a few minutes before it seized so planning on replacing the condensor as im hoping most of the debres got trapped in there. I saw that you can flush AC systems so will that be good enough to flush the rest of the system prior to reinstalling and refilling? I know NOTHING about AC setups so what else should i replace/ do to fix this and while im in here?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey yall! So AC compressor sounded like a can of marbles then seized so grabbed another from a wrecker...next question is what else needs to be replaced now? im assuming there are metal shavings that got pushed around the system for a few minutes before it seized so planning on replacing the condensor as im hoping most of the debres got trapped in there. I saw that you can flush AC systems so will that be good enough to flush the rest of the system prior to reinstalling and refilling? I know NOTHING about AC setups so what else should i replace/ do to fix this and while im in here?
Might be better off leaving this to a professional * if the compressor did grenade....Not just the condenser will need to be replaced....the receiver drier....evaporator.....expansion valve/orifice tube.... The system will need to be oiled and Vacuumed to ensure it will seal. This is best done with an actual A/c freon machine most shops have. The parts Store Vacuum tools are usually trashed after first use as most people don't oil them or isn't enough oil in the tool and it is one and done.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk