Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looks like AEM finally decided to release the intake so it's available for sale at AEM.

I was lucky to be chosen by Ken at AEM to R&D this vehicle and was able to use this intake for couple of months before it became available. I've written the review on the other forum, but decided to put it more in detail here.

The piping is made of aluminum and it is one piece replacement much like Mountune's silicone replacement. It has a nice wrinkle red finish and the weld and bracket quality is great. Comes with a heat shield and the famous AEM Dry-Flow filter.

The dyno AEM provided said it made 7hp gain so I didn't notice as much but car is definitely throatier compared to stock. Not to mention the awesome turbo spooling noise and the bypass valve "hiss" is really loud compared to stock.

Installation instruction (which features my car), and the price is available now at AEM.
http://www.aemintakes.com/search/product.aspx?prod=21-737WR

me32

1000 Post Club
So no seat of the pants feel? Also do you plan to dyno it with an with the cai?

OP
chalituna
Thread Starter #3
So no seat of the pants feel? Also do you plan to dyno it with an with the cai?
Here's the dyno sheet provided by AEM.

Well, I changed to Cobb stage 1 and this intake at the same time so it was definitely an increase. Just couldn't tell how much AEM contributed with the Cobb Tune

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Thanks for posting this chalituna, this looks very similar to the Injen design. Were you able to ask Ken why they chose the open air design instead of the sealed box? Can you get some video clips of how it sounds inside the car and from the engine bay? Great stuff man.

OP
chalituna
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for posting this chalituna, this looks very similar to the Injen design. Were you able to ask Ken why they chose the open air design instead of the sealed box? Can you get some video clips of how it sounds inside the car and from the engine bay? Great stuff man.
I didn't actually get to ask him the idea behind the design. This intake actually resembles the K&N (AEM's sister company) intake design over Injen because it only replaces the front half of the piping. Only difference is the finish and the heat shield design is a bit different.

I don't have any sound recording at the moment but it will sound exactly the same as the K&N intake.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
I didn't actually get to ask him the idea behind the design. This intake actually resembles the K&N (AEM's sister company) intake design over Injen because it only replaces the front half of the piping. Only difference is the finish and the heat shield design is a bit different.

I don't have any sound recording at the moment but it will sound exactly the same as the K&N intake.
Sorry I meant the heat shield design looks like the Injen. You're right the intake design looks similar to the K&N, with the shield, tubing material and filter being different.

OP
chalituna
Thread Starter #8
Sorry I meant the heat shield design looks like the Injen. You're right the intake design looks similar to the K&N, with the shield, tubing material and filter being different.
Hah, no prob.

Here's the K&N's official video of their intake. You can hear the exterior sound at about 1:15 into the video
[video=youtube;odKkFk_-tJc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odKkFk_-tJc[/video]

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Hah, no prob.

Here's the K&N's official video of their intake. You can hear the exterior sound at about 1:15 into the video
[video=youtube;odKkFk_-tJc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odKkFk_-tJc[/video]
Yup that's what I was looking for, thanks.[clap]

KKaWing

A bit of a necro bump but AEM's vid. [video]http://www.aemintakes.com/video/21-737WR_overview.html[/video]