Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Aftermarket front sway bar end links?

I just got off the phone with Hotchkis, who lists adjustable front end links as being an available component. While they have been developed and tested, they are still not available, as I have had a set on backorder for over three months and they keep pushing the backorder date farther away.

Are their any other companies who offer front end links for these cars? I am lowering the car soon and would like to adjust my sway bar to keep preload at zero.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Well the thing I noticed and I changed the D bushes at the same time was sharper steering response when pushing hard into a corner. It feels like the front end rolls less. There is one real shitty off chamber corner I drive thought regularly and I am not understeering as much when on the throttle. I am thinking the OE links are flexing and or there is a little movement in the ends links. The OE end links flop around, these new links I have trouble moving with my hands, they are a lot tighter. One down side is I have increased NVH a little.

OP
W
Thread Starter #7
Thank you Sekred. I will look into these.

I am disappointed that Hotchkis did not follow through and make their end links available. They complained that their FIST parts are not big sellers, and I guess that is why the end links never even made it to market.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I used TRC10200 which I had to shorten to minimum length. 10160 would be perfect and also allow more adjustment for lowered suspension.

View attachment 11349
A little [offtopic] yes, but; are those the regular Fiesta Koni Sports?

Are they single, or double adjustable (or did Koni ONLY make them in rebound only adjustable versions for these cars)? [dunno]

Is there a U.S. based distributor for those end links?

Sekred

1000 Post Club
A little [offtopic] yes, but; are those the regular Fiesta Koni Sports?

Are they single, or double adjustable (or did Koni ONLY make them in rebound only adjustable versions for these cars)? [dunno]

Is there a U.S. based distributor for those end links?
Rebound adjustment only, non ST specific.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
They are holding up well. I remove these links a couple of months ago chasing a rattle in the front and the ends are still nice and tight.

TemecFist

They are holding up well. I remove these links a couple of months ago chasing a rattle in the front and the ends are still nice and tight.
Excellent, thank you so much for the reply. Do you still recommend the 10160's? I'm looking for a new set I'm on coilovers. Did you find your rattle? Thanks again.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
The 10160's should be right. I was running 10200's using coilovers and these were shortened as much as adjustment would allow.
The rattle turned out to be a crack or internal fault with the OEM sway bar !.

TemecFist

The 10160's should be right. I was running 10200's using coilovers and these were shortened as much as adjustment would allow.
The rattle turned out to be a crack or internal fault with the OEM sway bar !.

I appreciate the help my friend. Sorry to hear about that crack. Was it covered under warranty? How hard was the repair?