Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another Alaskan

Did a quick search and it looks like I'm only the fourth Alaskan in the intros. I'm located in Fairbaks, so I might possibly have the farthest North Fiesta ST in North America.

Less than two weeks ago I brought home a brand new 2019 Fiesta ST, in black. Not much for options, just a moonroof, block heater, and premium black wheels (whatever premium means, lol. They're round).

It's replacing my commuter, which was a base model 2005 Chevy Aveo I got 7 years ago as a salvaged title car (poorly rebuilt wreck). The Aveo has been having more problems as it nears 100k miles.

My other vehicle is a 2018 Ram 2500 diesel, which replaced the last vehicle I tuned and played with... ...a 2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 with a 6.0 V8 that I supercharged, tuned myself with HPTuners and drove for 100k miles too. It was quick for a truck but the fuel economy was horrid for my 50 mile daily round trip commute. The diesel is a bit better but not much, and lots slower.

Before even buying the FiST, I started reading up on mods. I've got some potential plans but so far have just ordered some floormats and a set of 15" wheels wrapped in Michelin X-Ice tires to help get around this winter, and will plug the sound symposer tonight. It bugs me commuting on the long hills in 6th.

Thanks for a forum that seems to be mostly helpful. I lurk on a forum for UTVs and the amount of misinformation there seems greater than the true bits... somehow guys there seem to bend the laws of physics with their mods and lob insults at anyone who questions them. So far I've been impressed here!

I really look forward to participating here and have enjoyed a lot of your build threads and discussions.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Welcome, fellow Alaskan!
Have you ever considered doing an autocross? We aren't the biggest or most active club you might find, but we usually have 10-12 events per summer, and usually have a couple in the interior.

OP
A
Thread Starter #7
Pablo,
Yes, I almost went this spring to the Pioneer Park event with my wife's Mini Countryman All4! The road/trail to my house was a mess though, and I wasn't sure I could get the car to town.
I'm very interested!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard

OP
A
Thread Starter #10
So, I couldn't stand it. I ordered the Mountune FB3 package. RMM is backordered, rest of it will be here tomorrow or the next day.

Wouldnt you know it, the day after I order, it snows. I had planned on getting the intercooler and intake parts installed and doing some logs for Randy, but no safe way to do that within 45 days now.

Still enjoy the heck out of this car, and noticed a burnt orange type color ST yesterday at a light, but I was in the Ram so my wave surely didn't mean anything to him. I think that makes three of us I'm aware of in town now.

I've plugged the symposer tube with cork I can remove in under 30 seconds if I'm in the mood. The "symposed" noise was more than I wanted for a 20 mile commute on open roads. I won't mind a little turbo whine if the new intake is louder, it was the drone up long hills in 6th that got me.

I have a question though. My road home is steeply crowned dirt, and I have to be VERY careful to not hit the front valance. I've found some shock/strut parts that may give a bit more ride height (Bilsteins, and others). Has anyone here gone higher instead of lower? I like the crisp handling, and would pay for an adjustable setup as I'd like to informally rally (like over 7-10mph) on my (private) road home without damage, but adjust to near stock for some autocross in summer. One inch is a lot in this situation. Heck, even a half inch plus a one inch taller tire would kick butt. Not looking for true rally suspension, I'm not Ken Block. Just looking to fine tune for my own use.