Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another fast AccessPort review

Perry

I've hard both sides of that story. I've heard certain companies care and others don't. But like somebody before on here if something goes wrong they have to prove it was done by the AP, which will be extremely hard. They still have to cover the warranty, at least that's how I had it explained.
The warranty as written I believe requires that any dispute go to arbitration. The issues are heard by the third party. There's no requirement that something be "proved", only that it's more likely than not/a preponderance of evidence sort of thing. Modifications of the sort we talk about here are generally made with the intent of being more intense/aggressive in the use/driving of the car. Since Ford states in the manual and warranty that the vehicle is intended to be driven as it is manufactured, it's relatively easy to argue that anything that places significantly more demand on the vehicle would affect the warranty.

And remember--Ford has (a) more money, (b) more time, and (c) more lawyers, as well as (d) more money, (e) yet more time, and (f) always more lawyers. If Ford views it as in their interests not to hold to the warranty for some reason, all they need do is drag things out, and at the same time isolate the plaintiff and plaintiff's issues, making it seem as if this is a special case solely happening to someone who modified the car in ways so as to stretch its capabilities, etc.

Now, this all said, everyone should always remember that anything that sounds like legal advice on a forum like this is probably worse much, much less than what one pays for it.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Like I said, I just my free oil changes and routine check ups for the first however many miles. After that, I'm good. Haha. I just couldn't wait anymore for the AP; had to get it. Next is an intake, and I'm waiting for Cobb's there also.

I remember reading somewhere of someone posting a quote from Cobb themselves stating "it is impossible for ford to know if you put the Cobb tune in,there is no secret black box that tells ford "hey this car has been tuned!" " Just bring it back to stock when taking it in to dealer and you'll be fine.

-ry

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
That's what I plan on doing.

Well tonight was my first "long trip." Drove about a hour and a half on the highway, and 6th gears pull with no effort. I didn't down shift once to overtake anybody. I love it.

I find even at stock like I am now that when I'm in 6th doing 75-80mph on the turnpike it pulls almost better than 2nd or even 3rd - [dunno]. I guess it's bc at that speed I'm already doing 3k rpm so the sec I stomp on it the rpm's are already kinda up bc it reeeeally pulls hard to me. Can't wait until I finally get an intake and Cobb put in,gonna be awesome.

-ry

Dealers can't turn you away if they see aftermarket parts on your car. Its called the Magnuson-Moss Act of 1975. Will it void your warranty? Yes if they can conclude that the aftermarket part was the factor of your computer going down, exhaust leak etc. etc. But if you're worried about them refusing you they can't and you can report them. Here is some more info its a good read if you're putting Aftermarket stuff on your car?..
Enjoy the Toliet Read my friends..
http://www.impalasuperstore.com/naisso/magmoss.htm

Thinking about getting this as my first MOD but worry about what could happen if something…..

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thinking about getting this as my first MOD but worry about what could happen if something…..
If something needed to be done about it ? Well I hope you have a good dental facility in your area for the can help you when your teeth dryout from smiling and grinning all the time after you install. LOL
If you are worried then start someplace else with Mods but this can pretty much be one of the best bang for the buck upgrade for this car and engine package. Even if you only use the 91 oct tune it does so much more than bump up the Torque and Hp it lets you use it in ALL gears as well as some cool data logging and life info displays .. Had mine on since i had 400 miles on the car never a issue...

I def. want the AP and can buy but its a brand new car with 130 miles on it. Did you get on it before the break in period?

Sweet, now just have to find a good vendor to deal with. Any thoughts on mod bargain? or who do you guys suggest?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Mod is good I Think most any of the Vendors we have here that handle the AP would be good and then it is just down to who you like and who gets you the best deal ;)