Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another ST on the roads

Hey there, FiSTers,

Here's my new-member intro.

After a lot of back and forth, I finally decided to trade my MINI Cooper JCW in on a new, white '14 FST at the end of March. Loved the MINI but it ran out of warranty and was starting to have some issues. And I was just infatuated w/ the new Fiesta ST.

So, I took advantage of the 0% financing and dealer inventory and made the switch. I'm really enjoying the ST. It has a lot of similarities w/ the MINI: Size, almost the same hp and tq, mood lighting, etc. Plus it has some standard features that were pricey options on the JCW, like the keyless entry and start feature. And once I get the Cobb tune I'll have about the same hp as the JCW.

I have some 16" SuperLeggeras on their way already. Wasn't planning on switching out the wheels and tires, especially so soon. But, the roads here in the Bay Area are approaching 3rd world status. Besides, knocking 7lbs off each corner should help w/ performance, fuel economy, and handling.

Before the MINI, I had a '99 Subaru 2.5RS w/ a WRX engine swap done by LIC Motorsports. They now have a FiST and occasionally post on this forum.

Looking forward to many miles of fun in the new ST.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Congrats man and welcome the site. I was in SoCal last year and I agree the roads out there are horrible.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard[welcome], I grew up in San Mateo. Also a former Mini owner as well.

Congrats man,I used to take some trips out to SoCal when I was in my early 20s to surf,which was so much better/more consistent than jersey. I would hit up Dana point,Newport wedge(bodyboard) and salt creek a lot. I would stay at Laguna Niguel,Ritz Carlton in Orange County lagnuna hills,beautifuuuuul hotel on the cliff over looking ocean. It has been prob the most beautiful place I've been to. Wish I could live there.

-ry

OP
FineTooned
Thread Starter #12
I sure hope so, RyGuy. I'm still waiting for them because Tire Rack is out of stock on centering rings. I'm all antsy with anticipation. I spent a couple weeks trying to decide on the wheels and tires. Thank goodness there aren't many decent wheel options available for our STs, I'd still be trying to decide.

Anyway, once I finally decided and placed the order in order to get them in time for the weekend, I woke up to a message about the delay due to the rings. And the new delivery date has now passed so I have to go another week before I can get them. Definitely not typical for Tire Rack based on my past experience, but frustrating.

I'll definitely post pics once they arrive.

This brings up a question. Why are 215/45r16 tires so expensive compared to 205/45r16s or 225/40r16s? They're like twice the price.

Congrats! Wish I knew the answer on the tire sizes. Probably production number related. Great color choice. Pics!!

OP
FineTooned
Thread Starter #15
I was waiting on posting pics until my wheels arrived. In the meantime, just look at Ford's stock pics of an Oxford white FST. It looks like that. [;)] Ugh. the wait for those wheels has been excruciating! TireRack was waiting On concentric rings to arrive from Europe so it delayed my order by almost two weeks. But they were finally able to complete my order and ship my wheels, so they are now due to arrive on Monday. Wondering if I'll have to call in sick on Tuesday. [cool]

OP
FineTooned
Thread Starter #16
The OZs arrived yesterday and are going on today. Will post pics soon. Stay tuned!

Don't you hate it when an order gets delayed? I'm sure the new wheels will look great, and hope see your pic's soon.