Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any Turbo Transformer dyno runs?

i'd like to see some real dyno numbers and more detailed information.

all the butthurt-ness aside. Isn't this just a piggy-back system? why would someone use this over an actual tune, aside from cost?

Where I come from, you don't use piggy-backs unless an ECU tune is unavailable.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
i'd like to see some real dyno numbers and more detailed information.

all the butthurt-ness aside. Isn't this just a piggy-back system? why would someone use this over an actual tune, aside from cost?

Where I come from, you don't use piggy-backs unless an ECU tune is unavailable.
This is the exact reason people are hesitant and are requesting dyno numbers and more info on it. They want to see what makes this different than on of those eBay piggy backs.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
No doubt about it, a $500 access port with a $150 tune is better. Quiet a bit of difference in $200 and $650.. To me, it really is just a price thing. A pro-tune is obviously better, but... For $200 it works great.

Another HUGE difference is.... We have not had but one 1.6L fail. It was on a stock car and don't look like its going to be an issue. BUT, when we do start seeing some engine failures, we are going to learn real fast that ford CAN see how many times the pcm has been flashed, and they can tell if its had an aftermarket tune on it. Weather or not the dealer or tech is smart enough to find it is a whole nother thing. But when it comes down to a $4500 engine replacement and labor, we will start to see dealers denying warranties for tune. The TT on the other hand.... I'd say its damn near impossible prove it was ever used or even on the car.

From a warranty point of view, its a far safer option.

If cost is no issue. If warranty risk is not an issue, then the access port is AWESOME and worth every single cent. But not everyone has $500 to just randomly drop on an access port.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Whether the product makes more power or not its sending incorrect signals to the ECU to do so. It is not the right way to make more power. It will not replace a correctly tuned car. When something goes wrong or you start pushing limits and have to look at ECU parameters you have to know whats going on. Last thing you want is a box that "tricks" and sends incorrect info to the ECU. This computer system on our cars is so complex only a very small percentage is what we see and change. There could be algorithm that is affected by this. Does it make more boost causing power to increase sure but at what cost. it would be no different that when DSM guys poked holes in there wastegate line to make more boost. This is a cheap way of doing something that a proper tune would make all the difference.

Russ

DHM1

1000 Post Club
No doubt about it, a $500 access port with a $150 tune is better. Quiet a bit of difference in $200 and $650.. To me, it really is just a price thing. A pro-tune is obviously better, but... For $200 it works great.

Another HUGE difference is.... We have not had but one 1.6L fail. It was on a stock car and don't look like its going to be an issue. BUT, when we do start seeing some engine failures, we are going to learn real fast that ford CAN see how many times the pcm has been flashed, and they can tell if its had an aftermarket tune on it. Weather or not the dealer or tech is smart enough to find it is a whole nother thing. But when it comes down to a $4500 engine replacement and labor, we will start to see dealers denying warranties for tune. The TT on the other hand.... I'd say its damn near impossible prove it was ever used or even on the car.

From a warranty point of view, its a far safer option.

If cost is no issue. If warranty risk is not an issue, then the access port is AWESOME and worth every single cent. But not everyone has $500 to just randomly drop on an access port.
I agree 100% but I come from were if you cant do it right just don't do it. Most people that mod there car will want more. Don't send y just to spend x later.

Russ

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I found my TT made a difference all the way up until I got the access tuner software. Once i had full control, I don't think its needed. But even with OTS tunes, it helped.

Access port is such a polished and nice setup, I can never argue with it.

If all you plan on it an air intake, catted downpipe/catback, and intercooler (basically stg3), i'd say you could buy the TT and grow with it all the way up until you decide to get a pro-tune. Then you can always re-sell it for $100. I mean... $200 total investment ant bad when $300 CAI's are out there.

All the way up until I started tuning my own car, I had it, I used it, and it worked great. Anymore than that; and I'm not much help.

As broke as I am, if I came across the TT and knew that I had no choice in the next 6 months to spend $500-$650, but I could squeek buy on a TT, then I'd do the TT again. But your right. $200 now to spend $500 later, maybe not the best plan.

I have been following this thread but haven't had much time to respond. Yes, a dyno would help credibility. I am trying to set something up locally and possibly do a webcast so you can all join but I don't have easy access to a bay area Fiests ST. Furthermore, I am a few months away from doing this. And like somebody correctly pointed out, dyno time would cost as much as the product itself so it doesn't make sense. Consequently, I would like to dyno several cars that day to make it worth while.

I don't want to get into a "Tune vs Turbo Transformer" debate but they both have advantages - it just depends how eager you are to void your warranty while spending $650. If this isn't a critical point for you then I will be the first one to discourage you from buying a Turbo Transformer. But if you are someone who simply wants to enjoy a few extra psi from your engine without breaking the bank, then this product is for you. And in cases where a tune doesn't exist, this is the only option if you want more boost.

Hope this helps.

I found my TT made a difference all the way up until I got the access tuner software. Once i had full control, I don't think its needed. But even with OTS tunes, it helped.

Access port is such a polished and nice setup, I can never argue with it.

If all you plan on it an air intake, catted downpipe/catback, and intercooler (basically stg3), i'd say you could buy the TT and grow with it all the way up until you decide to get a pro-tune. Then you can always re-sell it for $100. I mean... $200 total investment ant bad when $300 CAI's are out there.

All the way up until I started tuning my own car, I had it, I used it, and it worked great. Anymore than that; and I'm not much help.

As broke as I am, if I came across the TT and knew that I had no choice in the next 6 months to spend $500-$650, but I could squeek buy on a TT, then I'd do the TT again. But your right. $200 now to spend $500 later, maybe not the best plan.
I am planning on getting a baseline on my bone stock car in the next week or so. If you'd be willing to send me one, I'd be willing add the TT to my car and make a back to back pull.

I am planning on getting a baseline on my bone stock car in the next week or so. If you'd be willing to send me one, I'd be willing add the TT to my car and make a back to back pull.
I appreciate the offer but I am a little hesitant since I have received similar offers before and had people disappear on me. This is different since it is quite public. In any case, I have sent you a PM with a few other concerns I have.

I have a Fiesta ST in SF you could use for the dynos, let me know if you are interested. I already have a tune, I don't want anything, it just sounds fun. Plus I could start sentences with "So, I was on the dyno Saturday bro..." Lol

Turbo Transformer (Ameya, I believe???)- I have a VERY good friend of mine who owns a local tuner shop http://www.ctperformance.net He is THE man when it comes to quality work, with his #1 focus being on absolute business INTEGRITY. He built my 2nd '04 Cobra from bone stock to 612 rwhp and has turned a LOT of wrenches on both my C5ZO6 and C6ZO6. Along with his shop, he obviously has a dyno. That said, I've already got one of your Turbo Transformers (still waiting on one for my Ecoboost F150 too - "Ha!"). But besides the TT, my car is 100% bone stock. I have NO DOUBT I could very easily schedule a time for a base pull and TT addt'n dyno pull. However, it would cost me a few bucks. If you'd be willing to reimburse me for that output (<$75 I would imagine), I could probably set this up VERY soon?. If you'd like, shoot me a PM and we can discuss it further from there.

meFiSTo

Hey Ameya! I sent you a PM about perhaps hitting a dyno in the Bellevue/Kirkland area sometime when you are up here. Ping me back.

I want to thank TaylorFade, Whiplash and meFisto for offering their cars, time and support but I have to respectfully decline; I am booking a dyno locally and using Beach_Trap's car for this.

I will do a webcast so everyone can join - please spread the word so anyone interested can also tune in to the live show. I am shooting for the 21st or 22nd of February but this could change depending on dyno availability.

So far I plan on testing a Fiesta ST, a Fiat Abarth 500 and also a Mustang ecoboost depending on availability. If I can rent an ecoboost Mustang, I will try to test that car as well. I will post information here as the plans get finalized.

I look fwd to this. I already know that this little TT offers a performance bump, but a baseline comparison with the addt'n of the TT will be very interestingā€¦..

I have fixed a dyno shop and the dates are narrowed down to Friday Feb 20th or Saturday Feb 21st but I am struggling with vehicle availability.Seems all dyno shops are closed on Saturday except one who is willing to open up on Saturday but wants a higher rate (understandable), however beach_trap works on Friday. If I can't find a Fiesta ST owner who is free Friday afternoon to early evening, the dyno date will be Saturday Feb 21st with Beach_traps car.

Webcast details coming soon.