Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone running Tein suspension?

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Interesting. It's not listed on Tein's website. I wonder if it's leftover from a group buy. You may want to check some of the UK-based forums

OP
Dirttwurk
Thread Starter #3
Interesting. It's not listed on Tein's website. I wonder if it's leftover from a group buy. You may want to check some of the UK-based forums
Yeah, the Tein US site has always been lacking applications that are available elsewhere. I had a set on a subaru legacy wagon that I needed to import from Japan, since Tein US had no listing for that application either. They do list them on their UK site though. Just wondering if there's any fitment differences between a euro 3 door and a US 5 door.

KKaWing

Yeah these are specific to the UK market. You can find them on eBay or GGR's site. If you want to brave the Japanese site, they're listed under international as well as mentioning it is UK specific distribution. You can probably order from US Tein, but probably just easier to get them from Europe. I think it just means the US side won't be supporting these. I've asked on FB before but they ignored me. Oh well, I just went with Bilstein dampers and called it a day.

OP
Dirttwurk
Thread Starter #5
In my prior communications with Tein US, they won't sell you items listed in other geographic markets and not in the US, but they will rebuild them if you need to have them serviced. At least that's what they told me when I had my Legacy. That was about 10 years ago, so their policy may have changed. Mine never needed a rebuild, so I never needed to take them up on their offer.

I'm not really concerned with how to buy, so I guess the more reasonable clarification to my original question would be if anyone knows of any chassis differences between euro 3 door and a US 5 door that could possibly impact the fitment. I can't really find any definitive info on that aspect. It does look like the KW setups might use the same part number between North America and Europe, but here again I can't really find much info from anyone that's actually bought a setup listed specifically for a euro model and then fitted it to a NA model.

I've also got most of the Bilstein B8/mountune combo sitting in the garage, except the rear shocks that have been on eternal backorder, but I'm kind of reconsidering running that setup as I don't really want to bring the front down more than 1". I already have a skidplate that hangs about 3/4" below the crossmember and the roads around here are pretty bad.

Last edited:
That's a glowing review if I've ever seen one!
[emoji23][emoji23] They are very smooth riding coilovers for the price. They ride smoother than my friends FA500’s at times. On bad roads though they can be stiff. Cornering is improved but there is still some roll from being progressive spring wise instead of linear. Install was cake. Adjustment is easy! I’d give them a solid 7/10 all things considered. (Keep in mind, these are reviewed at a very low height which may impact ride quality). Happy motoring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk