Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone running a Standalone?

Hey Everyone! I'm checking back in after a while... I've been fighting various electrical gremlins/diagnostic issues in my dedicated track car for about a year now and am getting pretty tired of it.
It knocked me out of several races at the end of last season and put me out of the running for a few event podiums.

I'm tossing around the idea of going standalone.. has anyone else done it? Any big hurdles to navigate?
I'm looking at the Fiesta specific kits from Syvecs and SCS Delta, or more generic kits from Haltech, AEM, ECU Masters, etc...

The rallycross national championship is finally on my side of the country, and I don't want to let anything get in the way of being able to compete.

Thanks in advance!

PFA:
_MG_9715.jpg

Last edited:
There is one guy in Facebook Marketplace selling for $25k a race prepared FiST. It was professionally build for racing but due to Covid-19 the race was cancelled and he did not use it.

2014 Ford Fiesta · Hatchback · Driven 6,000 miles Hey guys, It kills me to do this but I need to post up my 2014 Fiesta ST rally car for sale! I purchased this car originally to do the ARA Junior Championship which got dropped before It ever started so I never actually ended up using It with the exception of playing in the snow at Monticello Motor Club, I am pursuing my career in Formula Drift which is the only reason I am listing this! The car was purchased brand new by Anthony Concha and turned directly into a rally car at Broken Motorsports. They did the full cage/seat mounts/skid plate+underbody. It is Logbooked and has competed in numerous events across america. FB limits the text count in this so DM me for a full list and breakdown of everything on the car. Looking for $25k or best offer. located in Northern NJ but can transport a reasonable distance. also could orchestrate something with the MMC rally school if you are interested in some sort of a combo package to get training by the FWD master Chris Duplessis!
Search for Fiesta ST race and it's the red FiST in the snow with Philadelphia on the front bumper.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Chris Duplessis may be the "FWD master", but he is currently campaigning an older, RWD Corolla AE86 (with the MMC Rally School logo emblazoned on it's flanks, of course) in the ARA events in which he competes. [wink] LOL

But, Philld is asking for advice/experience with a stand alone ECM, and not a whole new car.
Although some of the pricier stand alone units are not all that much less than what that L2WD class rally FiST owner is asking for his whole car.

OP
Philld_with_donuts
Thread Starter #4
Thanks Guys! M-Sport is correct, I’m only looking for experience with stand alone ECUs, but if I decide to push mine off a cliff it’s good to know there’s another prepped car out there ready to go! 😂

I know the brand of stand-alone really depends to some degree what your tuner is most comfortable with... But I have one buddy set on Haltech and one set on AEM Infinity. :unsure:

Last edited:

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
There is one guy in Facebook Marketplace selling for $25k a race prepared FiST. It was professionally build for racing but due to Covid-19 the race was cancelled and he did not use it.

Search for Fiesta ST race and it's the red FiST in the snow with Philadelphia on the front bumper.
He is running OEM ECU. That was John Concha's car.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Definitely following this. Have you been experiencing crash sensor and fuel cut issues by chance? That's what I am dealing with.

I'm commenting to follow too. I suspect there is little to nil experience with this platform using stand alone. You might have better luck seeing what big brother focus has for people using it. I can say on Mitsubishi platform haltech and aem infinity weren't too hard to navigate. I have yet to mess with a platform with DI that has utilized a stand alone :-( .

Woods247

2000 Post Club
My problem was resolved by going from the small lightweight track battery to an OEM seized AGM Die Hard battery. Their are surely better small batteries out there but I was ok with adding the weight back for reliability and convenience

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My problem was resolved by going from the small lightweight track battery to an OEM seized AGM Die Hard battery. Their are surely better small batteries out there but I was ok with adding the weight back for reliability and convenience
IF the exorbitant prices ever come down on the full factory power plus lithium batteries, I would go with one of those when my full size Odyssey 96R-600 is toast in (hopefully no less than) ~6 years.

But yes, an even bigger/higher capacity and power, and heavier AGM could be used as a 'ballast' by mounting it low in the hatch area, if needs be. [thumb]