Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone running OZ Ultraleggera's (In 17 inches) with a BBK?

Magnetic

Hey all,

Looking for a set of wheels and was wondering what everyone is running for spacers with these wheels on a BBK.

What setup are you running? I'm really looking for something to clear with minimal spacers.

1637608903994.png

Pic for attention.

TIA!

My old hypergrams almost fit over my 15" whoosh kit with no spacers. Only needed a 5mm spacer to clear.

If it would of been a 16 or 17" bbk, i think they would of fit. They had more clearance towards the edge of the spokes vs the inside by the hub.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #3
My old hypergrams almost fit over my 15" whoosh kit with no spacers. Only needed a 5mm spacer to clear.

If it would of been a 16 or 17" bbk, i think they would of fit. They had more clearance towards the edge of the spokes vs the inside by the hub.
Good to know.

The 330 BBK seems to only have an issue closest to where the tire is bolted to the car. (In the photo below) Just barely touched by a hair. So would really want some wheels that have clearance in that "Zone".

IMG_9741.JPG

Outside of doing a 4x100 conversion and getting a set of high-disc advans, I can't think of anything that'd be a guaranteed fit without a 5-10mm spacer :/

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #5
Outside of doing a 4x100 conversion and getting a set of high-disc advans, I can't think of anything that'd be a guaranteed fit without a 5-10mm spacer :/
Yeah there's not too many wheel options now that I've actually started looking LoL I guess a 5mm spacer or 10mm max is fine. Just wanted to be sure I got the best fitment possible with minimal spacers.

Would you know what ET helps fit big brakes? I'm not sure if the lower number gives more clearance or the higher number. From what I've read the stock wheels are 47.5.

Just not sure if the ET should be lower (42 and below) or higher for more clearance.

Yeah there's not too many wheel options now that I've actually started looking LoL I guess a 5mm spacer or 10mm max is fine. Just wanted to be sure I got the best fitment possible with minimal spacers.

Would you know what ET helps fit big brakes? I'm not sure if the lower number gives more clearance or the higher number. From what I've read the stock wheels are 47.5.

Just not sure if the ET should be lower (42 and below) or higher for more clearance.

Et has nothing to do with it really, it's all about the spoke design and how concave it is, as well as the height of the mounting surface on the wheel. (Disc height)

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #7
Et has nothing to do with it really, it's all about the spoke design and how concave it is, as well as the height of the mounting surface on the wheel. (Disc height)
ahhh ok. Good info!

ahhh ok. Good info!
Some higher end wheel brands actually have diagrams of brake clearance, or disc height, so you know how far the face of the wheel is from the mounting surface.

Places like Advan, Work, SSR, etc. However they're much more expensive because they're made from higher quality materials + manufacturing processes + having BBK clearance etc.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #9
Some higher end wheel brands actually have diagrams of brake clearance, or disc height, so you know how far the face of the wheel is from the mounting surface.

Places like Advan, Work, SSR, etc. However they're much more expensive because they're made from higher quality materials + manufacturing processes + having BBK clearance etc.
I've never heard of those but will start googling. I don't mind paying a bit more to take advantage of the additional clearance. It's such a PIA to get these brakes working with the wheels. I'm going to post a youtube video once I get it figured out so the next guy doesn't have to go through all the hassles. haha

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Those high end wheel manufacturers really do not make anything in our bolt patterns (of course, unless you convert to that 4x100 PCD).

But, some of them, and supposedly Enkei, do have custom drilling, and milling for ET/backspacing programs on some of their models.

Obviously, this adds another ridiculous expense to already exorbitantly BIG BUCK wheels, and also obviously, a pathetic wait/lead time for delivery on top of already insane 'supply chain' delays. [:(]

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Those high end wheel manufacturers really do not make anything in our bolt patterns (of course, unless you convert to that 4x100 PCD).

But, some of them, and supposedly Enkei, do have custom drilling, and milling for ET/backspacing programs on some of their models.

Obviously, this adds another ridiculous expense to already exorbitantly BIG BUCK wheels, and also obviously, a pathetic wait/lead time for delivery on top of already insane 'supply chain' delays. [:(]
There is a company overseas that will get 4x108 Work wheels. I want some so bad but they are $2k for the set and I can't really justify that.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #12

Yeah you’ve got a good point there. I had no idea wheels were so limited for the FiST! I’m pretty sure that I’ll have to accept running 5-10mm spacers.

Im just shocked at how much of a PITA it is to just have bigger brakes. 🤦🏻‍♂️ And honestly the more I see images of the OZ’s the better they’re looking. Especially given all stated above.

I really didn’t care about weight savings on wheels but after having invested in coilovers I’d like to see what a difference light wheels make on our cars. (I also heard the car might get a little pick me up because of the rotational más thing. Then I also thought, it would probably be better on the struts not having to force so much weight back into the pavement. (Which equals more longevity)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah you’ve got a good point there. I had no idea wheels were so limited for the FiST! I’m pretty sure that I’ll have to accept running 5-10mm spacers.

I'm just shocked at how much of a PITA it is to just have bigger brakes. 🤦🏻‍♂️ And honestly the more I see images of the OZ’s the better they’re looking. Especially given all stated above.
ONE of the reasons I won't be doing a big brake kit, besides; co$t, I do not actually need them for my uses (NO open tracking) and therefore they would only be on the car for 'eye candy', and bragging rights purposes.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #17
ONE of the reasons I won't be doing a big brake kit, besides; co$t, I do not actually need them for my uses (NO open tracking) and therefore they would only be on the car for 'eye candy', and bragging rights purposes.
I was curious and started looking for replacement rotors for the EBC kit and they’re almost $900.

I didn’t know that’s what replacements cost. That’ll be fun to deal with later. Only hope they are more durable being stainless steel.

I’ll post when that times comes and let everyone know how long they lasted. I originally bought them because I wanted to track the car but now I’m no si sure I want to wear them out so quickly. Haha

Now I’m also wondering what replacement pads cost…

Honestly since switching, my front brakes have lasted so much longer. I've had my car for like ~40k miles and went thru 2 sets of front brake pads and 1 set of rotors in like 25k, and now I've put 15k on the BBK and it still has tons of pad and rotor life left, and I've beat on them just as much.

It probably will end up saving me money in the long run, despite being more expensive up front.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #19
Honestly since switching, my front brakes have lasted so much longer. I've had my car for like ~40k miles and went thru 2 sets of front brake pads and 1 set of rotors in like 25k, and now I've put 15k on the BBK and it still has tons of pad and rotor life left, and I've beat on them just as much.

It probably will end up saving me money in the long run, despite being more expensive up front.
I certainly hope thats the case!

I mean it sorta makes sense. If the brakes are much larger/stronger than technically it shouldn't take as much to slow the car down. At least thats what I'm hoping But either way, if the upgrade makes the braking "Experience" much better than I would be happy with that. I've never had SS brake lines so I dont know if I'll be able to discern what feeling is the big brakes and what is the new lines. I really hope using the brakes is a lot more engaging and the pedal feel more enjoyable.