Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AP Est. TQ and HP: How accurate and is it WHP?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I tested this morning, same weather/temperature, with my stratified tune. 258tq 199hp

It's weird, Stratified is down ~20 ft lbs but up 20 hp. - peak boost 25.54 psi

I was checking boost hoses this morning, I actually think one of the bolts holding my diverter valve is loose, but I couldn't quite reach it.

It's no replacement for an actual dyno, but it's kinda neat to play with. I had forgotten how touchy the stratified tune is, it's kinda too much for daily driver duties. It's harder to drive smooth than the dizzy, and I could see the stratified tune resulting in shorter clutch life if you aren't careful.

Se7eN

I tested this morning, same weather/temperature, with my stratified tune. 258tq 199hp

It's weird, Stratified is down ~20 ft lbs but up 20 hp. - peak boost 25.54 psi

I was checking boost hoses this morning, I actually think one of the bolts holding my diverter valve is loose, but I couldn't quite reach it.

It's no replacement for an actual dyno, but it's kinda neat to play with. I had forgotten how touchy the stratified tune is, it's kinda too much for daily driver duties. It's harder to drive smooth than the dizzy, and I could see the stratified tune resulting in shorter clutch life if you aren't careful.
did ya step on it before 2500? or around 3k?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
did ya step on it before 2500? or around 3k?
Around 3k, again didn't really do any "pulls", just left it on while driving to work.
I have a newer whooshing sound that sounds like the "hoot" sound from the hotside pipe, but it's been getting a bit louder. This afternoon I'll check the cap screws on the DV just to make sure I'm not farting boost.

At this point I really wish I'd tried the HP/TQ estimates while running the 2j just so I'd have a comparison. I might throw my old Injen on tonight and see how that affects numbers tomorrow morning. Depends on how bad mosquitoes are when I get home. I'm waiting to see what intake Whoosh comes up with to decide if I want to buy an ITG or not. I want the 2j's sound, but not the finicky installation - I am much too picky for the 2j to make me happy long-term.

Se7eN

Around 3k, again didn't really do any "pulls", just left it on while driving to work.
I have a newer whooshing sound that sounds like the "hoot" sound from the hotside pipe, but it's been getting a bit louder. This afternoon I'll check the cap screws on the DV just to make sure I'm not farting boost.

At this point I really wish I'd tried the HP/TQ estimates while running the 2j just so I'd have a comparison. I might throw my old Injen on tonight and see how that affects numbers tomorrow morning. Depends on how bad mosquitoes are when I get home. I'm waiting to see what intake Whoosh comes up with to decide if I want to buy an ITG or not. I want the 2j's sound, but not the finicky installation - I am much too picky for the 2j to make me happy long-term.
then that is why you got low tq numbers, you are on stock turbo, so for high tq reading you have to step on it from around 2200 to 2400

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
hence a shit-ton of torque
Gotcha - I dug up some stock FiST dynos on google image search and I'm taking a look. I still think my Dizzy HP estimation was really low, especially since it makes 1psi more boost and substantially more torque than the strat tune. I'll still check all the typical boost leaks just to be sure :p

Eventually I'll bite the bullet and get a custom tune, I just don't want to run *that* close to the ragged edge, I prefer having a safety margin.

Se7eN

Eventually I'll bite the bullet and get a custom tune, I just don't want to run *that* close to the ragged edge, I prefer having a safety margin.
You should at some point. I mean If you are simply going to stay stock turbo forever and your happy with what you have already then there might not be a point. To be totally honest, my car managed to dyno close to the Custom tune numbers on the Cobb OTS Stage 3. Gains on stock turbo aren't really noticed unless you go E30 tune and even then if you have a Dizzy Flash tune, it might work just fine.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
You should at some point. I mean If you are simply going to stay stock turbo forever and your happy with what you have already then there might not be a point. To be totally honest, my car managed to dyno close to the Custom tune numbers on the Cobb OTS Stage 3. Gains on stock turbo aren't really noticed unless you go E30 tune and even then if you have a Dizzy Flash tune, it might work just fine.
Yeah my fist is never going to be anywhere near as quick as some of the other garage fillers so I don't really have a use-case for bigturbo. I only tuned to get rid of rev hang, get linear throttle, and add a little drama/character that I was missing after going from Abarth to FiST.

I treat the FiST like a ninja 250, I can push it hard and enjoy myself pretty much anywhere and I'm not likely to wind up in jail :p - we used to beat the heck out of a friend's smart car for the same reason, it was slow AF but super fun to drive 10/10ths all the time lol

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
My DV was fine, I did find that my whoosh hotside pipe was coming out. The clamps weren’t really “loose” but the pipe had crept out by a little over 1/4” from where I originally clamped them in (marked with a sharpie when I installed). Everything’s tightened up, will test tomorrow morning.

For fun- my phone keeps correcting “hotside” to “horsies” lol

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Ok did an actual pull this morning, from 2500 as recommended on normal 91 with no ethanol, 202.8hp peak 284.4tq peak, feels more consistent so I guess the hotside pipe *was* leaking a bit. Feels stronger on the top end and smoother in the midrange, like less turbo lag.

I need to set aside time to go get actually dyno'd when I get a chance.

OP - you get your E30 map yet?

Se7eN

Ok did an actual pull this morning, from 2500 as recommended on normal 91 with no ethanol, 202.8hp peak 284.4tq peak, feels more consistent so I guess the hotside pipe *was* leaking a bit. Feels stronger on the top end and smoother in the midrange, like less turbo lag.

I need to set aside time to go get actually dyno'd when I get a chance.

OP - you get your E30 map yet?
great tq number, must be a tire burner

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
great tq number, must be a tire burner
Yeah - once I realized I was breaking traction constantly in first and second, I started granny shifting to get to third and my tires have been living a lot longer :facepalm: on a positive note, the cobb RMM made the wheelspin so smooth and progressive I didn't even notice it lol