Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Article -The Ford Fiesta ST Will Be a Future Cult Collectible

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I found the Ford service bulletin I was talking about above in which Ford tells technicians how to do detective work to discover evidence of modifications. It does refer to an ignition counter.
I decided to post it in a new thread in the maintenance and warranty section because I thought it was important enough to deserve its own thread and that it would be something that would be helpful for people. That seemed to be the best place to put it because it relates to how Ford might use evidence of removed modifications to deny warranty claims-
Here is a link to it-
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...s-related-to-performance-modifications.25044/
Interesting and I stand corrected.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Sorry, I wasn't trying to contradict you, I just thought it would be helpful to find the document.
No need to apologize. I was incorrect apparently and you posted factual evidence. I was not feeling contradicted. I just saw the fact and realized I had perhaps got it wrong.
I am not sure how many dealers will follow that to the T. I do know that performance dealers tend to overlook stuff like flash tunes though . Of course Performance dealers tend to be a bit more educated into what problems Flash tunes will and will not cause.
Its why I do warranty work at Galpin and no other dealer. They are Performance dealer and do not blink an eye when a modded car comes in for service and or warranty claims.

I will say the autobody shop they use that goes by the name of Ford Autobody,wanted to flash my ecu for paint work. Which is completely over the top and unheard of .They pinned it on Ford saying everytime they take a Ford in for paint work Ford wants them to Flash the ECU not once but twice. Once before work and once after and they wanted to charge labor hours for that . :ROFLMAO: :eek::mad:

Lets just say I will never go to them for paintwork even if they can mix the color right. I find that highly invasive of a car owners rights as paint has nothing to do with the ECU.

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I think it's going to be something like the first gen NA Miata. They are cult classics. Not necessarily high value vehicles, but recognized for being really good sports cars.
Couldn't agree more. Mine isn't going anywhere. Might pass on to a child if I accidentally knock up the wife one day, but that's the only scenario in which the FiST leaves my garage.

SPhilli911

Interesting, but also I figured the car was quite rare. I have seen only a handful of other Fiesta STs in the 5 years I have owned mine. I have all the stock parts if I want to return to original, with the exception of the exhaust. In fact, I recently pulled my stock wheels out of storage and they're essentially brand new. I don't "baby" the car, so I don't expect it to be in that good of condition in 5-10 years or more.

But, like most people saying here too, I will not sell the car.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Interesting, but also I figured the car was quite rare. I have seen only a handful of other Fiesta STs in the 5 years I have owned mine. I have all the stock parts if I want to return to original, with the exception of the exhaust. In fact, I recently pulled my stock wheels out of storage and they're essentially brand new. I don't "baby" the car, so I don't expect it to be in that good of condition in 5-10 years or more.

But, like most people saying here too, I will not sell the car.

I really do not see too many around here at all.

Besides the gathering we had 3 years ago of some of the SEPA owners on here, and the one owner from Ohio who also volunteers at the same rallies I do (but is not on here), I have only had a conversation with ONE other FiST owner, which happened 3 days ago in the parking lot of our local supermarket here in town, ironically also a magnetic, but with black instead of bronze Dekas on it (but he knew of Ron, of course, bought all of his mods from him, and had a whoosh sticker on the back window).

Just like the few other people I have spoken to, he was NOT a member on here, and I think he said he was not even a member on the OTHER FiST site which many of the members on here are.
But he was a member of/on the local RS/ST club site, as were so many others.

Last edited:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I saw too modded fiestas yesterday. One guy gave me the nod. Other one passed me on the highway with an aftermarket exhaust. Must be the cooler (for Texas) weather.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk