Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Autopower roll bar

OP
TemecFist
Thread Starter #41
I think what he was saying is the little hole on the latches need to have a pin or tie piece through them to hold them closed.

I know its a requirement for Champ Car and LeMons so i assume its required for SCCA/NASA events also.

Yep. Exactly.

Woods247

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think what he was saying is the little hole on the latches need to have a pin or tie piece through them to hold them closed.

I know its a requirement for Champ Car and LeMons so i assume its required for SCCA/NASA events also.
The have the holes in the latch but I didn’t run safety wire through them yet. The latch has to be pushed down then moved up and forward to release like Schroth 6 points. The spring is heavy. I’m not racing so tech isn’t an issue. For those that do, it can be wired closed if that’s what’s required. The plates for the bolts underneath the car exceed NASA requirements. I wanted to be certain they can’t pull through. I used jam nuts and red locktight as well so nothing can come loose. I’m comfortable with the way it’s setup. I appreciate you guys double checking.

Woods247

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

I just checked and I have small cotter pins that’ll fit. Will that work? I’m out of safety wire.

Edit: Never mind. I found this on a NASA site. I’ll go ahead and pin them before track this weekend. Thanks fellas.

A44EE91F-93A8-4CE3-9ED8-B38B6E65A2EE.jpeg

Last edited:
Yup. Small cotter pins, safety wire or just about anything that can slot into that hole and be twisted to reduce the chance of the spring latch opening. While nearly impossible, there is always that one instance which then made it a rule by certain governing bodies..

Good luck at your event this weekend!