Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Autopower roll bar

OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #41
I think what he was saying is the little hole on the latches need to have a pin or tie piece through them to hold them closed.

I know its a requirement for Champ Car and LeMons so i assume its required for SCCA/NASA events also.

Yep. Exactly.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I think what he was saying is the little hole on the latches need to have a pin or tie piece through them to hold them closed.

I know its a requirement for Champ Car and LeMons so i assume its required for SCCA/NASA events also.
The have the holes in the latch but I didn’t run safety wire through them yet. The latch has to be pushed down then moved up and forward to release like Schroth 6 points. The spring is heavy. I’m not racing so tech isn’t an issue. For those that do, it can be wired closed if that’s what’s required. The plates for the bolts underneath the car exceed NASA requirements. I wanted to be certain they can’t pull through. I used jam nuts and red locktight as well so nothing can come loose. I’m comfortable with the way it’s setup. I appreciate you guys double checking.

Woods247

2000 Post Club

I just checked and I have small cotter pins that’ll fit. Will that work? I’m out of safety wire.

Edit: Never mind. I found this on a NASA site. I’ll go ahead and pin them before track this weekend. Thanks fellas.

A44EE91F-93A8-4CE3-9ED8-B38B6E65A2EE.jpeg

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Yup. Small cotter pins, safety wire or just about anything that can slot into that hole and be twisted to reduce the chance of the spring latch opening. While nearly impossible, there is always that one instance which then made it a rule by certain governing bodies..

Good luck at your event this weekend!

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey all - I've got a favor to ask of those of you who have the Autopower roll bar. I've ordered a false floor from @Jamscb and asked if he could provide cutouts in the floor to accommodate the roll bar. I believe that all he needs are some simple measurements from a benchmark point, say from the sill and from the back of the rear cushion to the center of the hoop tube where it bolts to the floor. Grab a tape measure and snap some pix with your phone?

Thanks in advance!

Hey all - I've got a favor to ask of those of you who have the Autopower roll bar. I've ordered a false floor from @Jamscb and asked if he could provide cutouts in the floor to accommodate the roll bar. I believe that all he needs are some simple measurements from a benchmark point, say from the sill and from the back of the rear cushion to the center of the hoop tube where it bolts to the floor. Grab a tape measure and snap some pix with your phone?

Thanks in advance!
Ive been so busy I forgot to keep you updated!
Your floor was posted 2 days ago should be with you Monday! I’m confident I’ve cracked it after investigation haha! Thank you for trying to help!

Mocking up mine today before powder coat. Fitment is absolutely perfect with a sunroof car. I’m seriously impressed. I removed the driver seat and console to install it. Do yourself a favor and take them out. It makes it so much easier. I’ll post an update again after it’s powder coated and permanently mounted.

View attachment 35398 View attachment 35399 View attachment 35400 View attachment 35401 View attachment 35402 View attachment 35403
What roll cage is this ?

If you
If you need any pointers or want to ask some questions on the install, feel free to ask. Its tricky.
Good day, I purchased an autopower rollbar as picture in here and have removed rear seat, center console, both front seats and still can not fit this rollcage inside my Fiesta ST. Can you help? What is the trick to get it inside the car? Please help. Thank you.

Welding on plates then bolting through them

View attachment 35414
Good day, I purchased an autopower rollbar as picture in here and have removed rear seat, center console, both front seats and still can not fit this rollcage inside my Fiesta ST. Can you help? What is the trick to get it inside the car? Please help. Thank you

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Good day, I purchased an autopower rollbar as picture in here and have removed rear seat, center console, both front seats and still can not fit this rollcage inside my Fiesta ST. Can you help? What is the trick to get it inside the car? Please help. Thank you
Have you rolled up the back carpet? You must roll it up and get it out of the way. I brought it in from the passenger rear door. Tilt it towards the front of the car, bring the driver side leg in, have another person help hold it at an angle as you rotate it up to get the passenger side leg in. You must move the carpet or it won’t fit.

Have you rolled up the back carpet? You must roll it up and get it out of the way. I brought it in from the passenger rear door. Tilt it towards the front of the car, bring the driver side leg in, have another person help hold it at an angle as you rotate it up to get the passenger side leg in. You must move the carpet or it won’t fit.
Thank you very much, that is exactly how I got it in. Sure is a tight fit but finally installed. Thank you again.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thank you very much, that is exactly how I got it in. Sure is a tight fit but finally installed. Thank you again.
Happy to help man. Glad you finally got it in there. Fitment on their rollbar is perfect for sure.