Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Autopower roll bar

kevinatfms

Surprisingly, yes.

"5.10 Fire Extinguisher/Fire System All cars must have at minimum a fire extinguisher meeting CCR requirements. The installation of an on board fire system meeting the CCR requirements is not required but is strongly recommended."

However, seeing the in-car footage of one of the Texas Region American Iron cars catch on fire going up the hill at COTA, I realized there's no possible way I could reach the fire extinguisher in time. Because the nature of the fire, the fire system only allowed him enough time to bail out of the car and even that was sketchy...

I thought changing that was one of the RCRs submitted...I'll check with my regional director to see if that ever got changed.

edit - I will add that of the handful of fires I've seen firsthand and a bunch I've heard of, the system was never activated - the driver GTFO'd and didn't think to pull the handle.
That is nuts. Even in LeMons and Chump Car they now require a 5lb fire system installed. We run the Spa Firesense 5lb system with 4 nozzles.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you are going to run with the PHA, I'd recommend a good cage.
I mean, that's just me, but I was happy to have a good cage, restraints, etc.
What car, and which class were you running in?

Yeah, it is amazing that they only require roll bars in the /Street Prepared classes.

What car, and which class were you running in?

Yeah, it is amazing that they only require roll bars in the /Street Prepared classes.
That was a Dodge Neon, not sure the class. It was a program to get new drivers into the sport. My first year went well, my second not so much.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Was the Neon white, with black Pro Race 1.2s on it? [dunno]

If so, I've seen it while spectating at the Duryea Hillclimb at that same location in August of '18.

Hi everyone, for anyone who has this bar/setup - what vendor did you purchase from ? Thanks

That Neon has been up the hill many times, it was white with Speednation livery when it went over. You can hear me lift and I was slowing for the corner, but there was a low spot on the right that unloaded the rear end and caused it to drift. The hillside was a 45-degree angle and nicely flipped it over. I was not injured in any way, not even a bruise or scrape, spend money on safety gear before you race.

OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #30
If you
Just to bump this.. I finally ordered one of these bars with extra plates from Brad at Autopower. I’ll post up pics when it’s here.
If you need any pointers or want to ask some questions on the install, feel free to ask. Its tricky.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Mocking up mine today before powder coat. Fitment is absolutely perfect with a sunroof car. I’m seriously impressed. I removed the driver seat and console to install it. Do yourself a favor and take them out. It makes it so much easier. I’ll post an update again after it’s powder coated and permanently mounted.

F41DC8CF-6695-4788-945B-DEF4C2048CF9.jpeg 7106C14A-4ABE-45E8-9E72-599F96FAA87E.jpeg CEA7363C-0CA2-48AA-953E-1A76DCCBBF75.jpeg EAE1DA12-090A-4D29-8657-A3AFE1A74FD3.jpeg 65766B97-1060-4709-98A4-77BEE2839990.jpeg 63D3EC06-3054-44A8-832C-4CED2EE43CD5.jpeg

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Ah gah dang it - stop making me consider buying more stuff for my car!!!!

I never use them back seats anyways... Can a doggo / flat floor be made around the rear bars??

Erick_V

Ah gah dang it - stop making me consider buying more stuff for my car!!!!

I never use them back seats anyways... Can a doggo / flat floor be made around the rear bars??
After seeing one in person I don't see why not. I'm in the same boat with the back seats. I have the lower tray that goes over the spare and the back lower bench so it doesn't look so bare. I would put some padding on the lower section of the bars if you did plan on transporting dogs. I have a 2 y/o 95lb Pointer/Dane mix and she would still have plenty of space with the bar installed

OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #38
Can I make a suggestion? Remover the bottom plates underneath the floor (outside) and fill the bolt holes in with silicone (put the bolts back thru while the silicone is still wet), and silicone underneath the plate as well. These cars are known for rust issues, and you done want any water trapped in between that plate and the floor of your car.

Also, you might want to look into upgrading those harnesses to some cert'd belts. If not, at least safety tie those latches that are on eye bolts. (That's actually a requirement)

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Can I make a suggestion? Remover the bottom plates underneath the floor (outside) and fill the bolt holes in with silicone (put the bolts back thru while the silicone is still wet), and silicone underneath the plate as well. These cars are known for rust issues, and you done want any water trapped in between that plate and the floor of your car.

Also, you might want to look into upgrading those harnesses to some cert'd belts. If not, at least safety tie those latches that are on eye bolts. (That's actually a requirement)
Bolt holes were painted then sealed and belts are certified. It’s done correctly. They have safety latches.. I don’t buy cheap shit lol.

kevinatfms

Bolt holes were painted then sealed and belts are certified. It’s done correctly. They have safety latches.. I don’t buy cheap shit lol.
I think what he was saying is the little hole on the latches need to have a pin or tie piece through them to hold them closed.

I know its a requirement for Champ Car and LeMons so i assume its required for SCCA/NASA events also.