Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AutoX, Rain, Sport Mode

Have any experienced & competitive autocross drivers done any rain testing with Sport Mode vs all off?

Always turn off all the computer controls even in the rain

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I feel it is quite dependent on driving style. I tend to overdrive the car a bit when I autocross: Sport Mode is my friend wet & dry. I turn if off sometimes for giggles and spin out every time. I am competitive at the local level in SMF class so who knows if this helps the OP at all.

the cobb adjustable spark based traction control is really good. I would want to try this with the rest turned off. I played around in the snow and could get the car to rotate without snapping in a way that made me look like a much better driver than I am.

OP
R
Thread Starter #5
Event is over and I agree with m3kerry. Not really raining but the surface was cold and damp -- so slick. I tried Sport first couple of runs and didn't like the action. It did activate when the rear tried to step out, but in doing so it seemed to launch the whole car sideways -- two or three feet to the outside of the turn. Suddenly and without notice.

A couple of times I didn't have that extra clearance to spare and I took out outside cones. I can get into just as much trouble with everything turned off, but at least it's me doing it, so I can better anticipate it.