Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Avant Garde m240 question and help needed

Hey everyone,
Need some help.

I was looking at the avant garde m240 rims for my fist,
Couple questions :

1) I'm lowering the car on Vogtland spring next week,
Will the 17x8.5 rims fit okay?

2) it's custom offset so I can choose, what would be the best for fitment?

3) My tires are still practically new, I know it's not ideal to put these tires on a 8.5" rim
But will it work for a couple months, until I get new tires?

Thanks in advance !!!

Tylo60

1) if you're putting those wheels on the car, get coilovers.

2) probably around +35mm but again springs won't get you the fitment you want.

3) they should work as long as you plan on slamming the car.

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
Awesome thank you!

Saying go with coil overs because the car won't be low enough for that style wheel? Or fitment wise?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
17x8.5 at 35mm might get you some rubbage on lowered springs. Going to coilovers will at least give you some adjustability. With my setup on 17x8 at 38mm using coilovers I was able to adjust it high enough to keep the tires from rubbing.

OP
T
Thread Starter #6
Ah makes sense now. Coilovers to raise it as needed. Thank you !!

OP
T
Thread Starter #7
So got my wheels today. Put them on and they hit the brake caliper :(
I got some cheap 5mm wheel spacers that made them clear perfectly. But I'm going to wait and order some legit 5mm spacers.

Damn expensive wheels in need of spacers. As long as they are hub centric alum spacers, cheap is in the eye of the beholder. Its honestly trial and error with such little info on our cars. It took 3 full years to get any decent info for the Fiat Abarth. This year we are going to see big things for our cars. Wheels especially.

The issue with the 17s is the lip design. I have the 17s for my 08 Coupe and I got the same specs as you did. But I needed 15mm spacers to clear my front calipers on my stock breaks. I ended up going with 18s, but still have my 17s and plan to put them on my Fiesta eventually.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
The issue with the 17s is the lip design. I have the 17s for my 08 Coupe and I got the same specs as you did. But I needed 15mm spacers to clear my front calipers on my stock breaks. I ended up going with 18s, but still have my 17s and plan to put them on my Fiesta eventually.
Wobb, what kind of suspension are you on now?

My Coupe is on KSports. Fiesta is still stock... But here is an idea of how those wheels fit...

Here's 17x8.5 et38 with 235/40s. Again, 15mm spacers to clear just the front calipers.(STOCK Brakes!!!)

Worked with AG to realize that 17s wouldn't work on my Coupe so I stepped up to 18s.

As you can see 18s look a lot better!!! 18x8et40 Front, 18x9et32 Rear

But I decided to test fit the 17s on the Fiesta, and as stated only a small spacer is needed to clear those brakes. Now these still have the 235/40's on them, but still fits a lot better.... So I picked up a set of 215/40s an I'm going to work with that. Slight fender roll, minor drop. Should look good.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Nice Focus.

I agree if you get some 215/40 it will give it a nice slight stretch. I assume you'll just go with springs for the minor drop?

OP
T
Thread Starter #14
What size spacer did you use on the fiesta?

Nice Focus.

I agree if you get some 215/40 it will give it a nice slight stretch. I assume you'll just go with springs for the minor drop?
Thanks... Most likely. I want coilovers, but it's not a top priority right now. Especially since the wife is daily driving that now, and I have an Ecoboost F-150 I drive.

What size spacer did you use on the fiesta?
I just put 10mm on to do the test fit and they cleared everything... Once I start really messing with it, I'll measure out exactly what I need. I have a bunch of spacers I can use to get the exact amount.

What size tires did you run on yours?

OP
T
Thread Starter #16
I used 5mm.
And I'm running the stock 205/40 right now untill I can get the funds for some 215/40

Haha okay... My wheels are et38... So once spring time gets here, and my Coupe is done(again) I'll start messing with it more.